What meat on Christmas day ?

Soldato
A quality turkey, cooked to perfection by the mother-in-law: Dry meat? Flavourless? NO CHANCE! :D

Accompanied by Pigs in Blankets, a selection of stuffings and all the other delicious extras!

Man of Honour
We tried Goose one year, and it was a bit of a let down. I don't know if it was just the way we did it, or it just isn't a fantastic meat.

:eek: goose is one of the nicest meats, but you do need to keep draining the fat out of it, through out the cooking. They are ridiculously fatty,
shame they are so darn expensive.

Man of Honour
:eek: goose is one of the nicest meats, but you do need to keep draining the fat out of it, through out the cooking. They are ridiculously fatty

This, goose tastes gorgeous when done right, for those people who have a halogen cooker, I really recommend doing it in that, the results we've had from halogen cooking our goose have been tremendous.

Soldato
OP
We tried Goose one year, and it was a bit of a let down. I don't know if it was just the way we did it, or it just isn't a fantastic meat.

Turkey this year, and as always a honey glazed ham, and don't forget to put cloves in the fat too!

Goose is lovely, but it has to be cooked differently turkeydue to the amount of fat that comes out. The fat (or rather around 10% of it) does make the best roast potatoes you'll ever eat.

Back
Top Bottom