Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
HERENCIA RESOURCES PLC

One to watch for 2011 - been reading the boards and looks like it has potential. Think I might purchase a bit and see what happens

As always DYOR!

Soldato
Looks like my Syncronica shares are finally coming good.
Nice Crimbo present anyway.
Shame they are the smallest of my holdings :rolleyes:

Soldato
I noticed someone else here has halifax so fyi :
halifaxbroker

All online, real-time purchases of UK equities commission FREE today between 10.00 - 12.30 (Stamp Duty applies / Tradeplans not included)

Dont advise topping up big just because, as all these prices seem a bit wonky more then probably to me. HSBA trades 27m normally, today its under 1m traded. Significance of pricing with low volume drops

Noticed PMG has more then doubled since Monday. Dana people joining the company and an approach for 3% stock from an investment group

Tip for 2011: use your personal knowledge and interest and if you dont have any and buy anyway limit losses to beer money. Questor does good write ups Ive found

Associate
Cheers Dowie, just finding out what people are looking at i always research before parting with my cash :)

Thanks booyaka will look into them, SLE caught my eye this morning on another forum looks good.

Happy xmas :D

Jay:)

CNR broke 10 briefly today.

Am I right in thinking it's a half- day on the markets today?

Yeah I watched it and whooped earlier, the Mrs came in to see what all the commotion was about!

Been a terrific could have months for trading, really has. Considering this year saw me nearly wiped out thanks to MTA, I'm pleased that I've managed to trade back up to my initial investment whilst learning along the way. Here's to 2011 turning a proper profit. :)

Associate
I also have a good feeling about this one, up 40% as it is. It may well be my very first multibagger (god I hate that phrase).

I have no doubt about it. If the RNS is anything like the company suggests it will fly in the new year. As well as having further licences and interests in uranian it can only go one day.

It is a bargain at the moment, even @ 40% up.

Soldato
Heres the 2010 predictions of 351 people and how they did. Prize is 12 months free with Hemscott http://stockchallenge.co.uk/report.php?challenge=2010&report=full&order=position

I wonder if everything could reverse in a year, certainly possible to me. 2011 entries can be updated anytime before Jan opening -

http://stockchallenge.co.uk/site/forms/subform.php

Code:
aleoap	[COLOR="Lime"]431.70%[/COLOR]	

CNR
[COLOR="Lime"]1850.00%[/COLOR]
JDG
[COLOR="Lime"]201.79%[/COLOR]
SNR
[COLOR="Lime"]107.79%[/COLOR]
BAO
[COLOR="lime"]70.37%[/COLOR]	
HAWK
[COLOR="Red"]-71.43%[/COLOR]

Got a bit of VGM and CLF on their slight pullback. Sold AAL 2009 position to pay for it
Target price on PMG is 13, I think its a bit fluffy see how it handles any pullback in oil and other new year events

http://boards.fool.co.uk/pmg-how-high-can-the-froth-rise-12104460.aspx?sort=whole#12104460

Last edited:
Associate
I'm looking into the idea of potentially buying some shares in a few companies that I belive will do well in the next couple of years. I don't however know enough about the stock market etc that I feel confident to do anything just yet. I'm ideally wanting to do a large amount of research first and get to grips with all the terms and various ways of buying shares etc.

First off what's good in terms of beginners articles, obviously there is loads of info but anything such as;

Videos
Books
Articles

which will firstly give me a good basic understanding and then secondly help me develop so I feel comfortable investing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position and everyone starts somewhere

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm currently building a portfolio on a couple of the virtual setups

Soldato
Videos
Books
Articles

youtube
investopedia
ft.com

Nobody can tell you what to pay attention to really, everyone has their reasons and motivation for believing the things they do

Try sharecrazy, they just sent me this:
The 12 Tips of Christmas - Part 2

From UK-Analyst.com

Over the Christmas period UK-Analyst brings together 12 of the UK's foremost investment experts to give their top t1ps for 2011. In part two we present...

Buy Range Resources at 7.125p says James Faulkner of WatsHot.com

Range Resources (RRL) - Take a punt on Puntland

Being the editor of WatsHot.com I am prone to taking a punt on some of the more exotic plays on the market. Although shares in Range Resources have risen by more than 100% since I first tipped them back in January 2010, I believe they still look great value and they might - just might - yield some big surprises for investors in 2011.

Underwriting the investment case is a strong and growing production business, which it has put together through some savvy deal-making. Range holds a 25% interest in the initial Smith #1 well and 20% interest in further wells on the North Chapman Ranch project, Texas. The project area encompasses approximately 1,680 acres in one of the most prolific oil and gas producing trends in the State of Texas. Drilling of the first well has resulted in a commercial discovery with independently assessed gross recoverable reserves in place of 240 billion cubic feet of natural gas, 18 million barrels of oil and 17 million barrels of natural gas liquids. Range added to its acreage in Texas in June through the purchase of a 13.56% leasehold interest in 1,570 acres encompassing a recent oil discovery in Red River County, for $0.254 million. An independent report later that month estimated total gross commercially recove rable Reserves (1P, 2P and 3P) at 5.4 million barrels of oil (attributable to Range - 0.7 million barrels), with Range's interest valued on a discounted cash flow basis (using a 10% discount rate) at $18 million. In July the company followed up with the acquisition of a 10% interest in producing fields in Trinidad, where it believes it can quickly ramp up production to 3,500 barrels of oil per day from the current rate of 700 barrels of oil per day. Upcoming newsflow for 2011 includes fracture stimulating of the Russell Bevly well and a 3-4 well drilling programme on North Chapman, as well as the commencement of production ramp-up in Trinidad.

Whilst the production business provides the backbone of the valuation, it is the exploration side that could really set things alight in 2011. The firm has a 20% stake in the Nogal Basin and Darin Basin Blocks in Puntland, Somalia. Just one of the two blocks is purported to contain between 2.2 billion and 10.4 billion boe (barrels of oil equivalent), and there is every reason to believe the other basin offers similar prospects. Range was recently given the go-ahead by the Puntland administration, with the drilling of the first exploration well by its farm-in partner Africa Oil scheduled before the end of Q2 2011. Notably, Range is free carried until Africa Oil has spent the $50 million earmarked for exploration. Even modest drilling success in Puntland could see Range shares rocket. Further upside potential rests with its acreage in the Republic of Georgia, where seismic results produced a prospective es timate of total oil-in-place of 2.05 billion barrels (1.025 billion barrels attributable to Range), across 68 individual structures. Rig mobilisation is due in February. With plenty to look forward to in the New Year, the shares rate a speculative buy, at 7.125p.

In one year its gained three tenths of a penny, fricking awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom