Dirty number plates

Permabanned
We hit a balmy 0c this afternoon, oh how we held street parties to celebrate! its currently -8c!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Who cares? As I'm not a police officer I don't really care as to whether I can read their plates or not.
The biggest gripe I've got this winter so far is the lack of headlights by grey and silver cars in grey weather. TURN YOUR ****ING LIGHTS ON YOU ****ING *****.
Same here. Really couldn't care less what other people number plates are like.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
My Mondeo is utterly filthy apart from lights, glass and drivers door handle. It's a company car and they wont pay for car washes so I don't wash it, especially this time of year when it will be filthy again the next day.

As for cleaning your numberplates, honestly why would you? Clean numberplates offer no benefit to you or to other road users*. Lights and glass help you see other drivers and be seen by them. Numberplates just mean you get added to the ever growing government database of everywhere you've been and also aid sending you a ticket for speed/red light/bus lane/con. charge etc. if you screw up for whatever reason.

* The only benefit to other road users is if you are the kind of person who doesn't stop after an accident. I'm not that kind of person so this is a non-issue.

Associate
I got pulled over the other week on the way home from gatwick when we had loads of snow I cleaned my numberplate before I left just after I left the M25 there was a police car sitting there and he pulled me over to ask why my numberplate was dirty It seems to just attract the dust and dirt so much he let me wipe it off again and let me on my way but a 200mile trip you couldn't see the plate at all. Really bad at this time of year!

Associate
OP
Another hit and run post from a troll poster. :rolleyes:
Possibly ;)

Anyway, to re-iterate my point, I'm not talking about the drivers covering hundreds of miles in winter everyday - they have an excuse since the whole car ends up covered in muck. I'm talking about the ones who deliberately avoid cleaning their license plates while the rest of the car is spotless, even in summer.

Soldato
Possibly ;)

Anyway, to re-iterate my point, I'm not talking about the drivers covering hundreds of miles in winter everyday - they have an excuse since the whole car ends up covered in muck. I'm talking about the ones who deliberately avoid cleaning their license plates while the rest of the car is spotless, even in summer.

You stopped them to asl them why they don't clean their number plates?

Back
Top Bottom