Win7 Weather Widget that works?

Permabanned
It would be really handy to have a weather widget/gadget thing on my desktop that actually showed an accurate forecast!

I am currently using the one that is installed by default with windows which is very nice to look at, but is rubbish at getting the forecast right.

So, is there a good one that uses either met office or BBC weather data, looks pretty, is accurate and works on Win7 64bit????

Associate
I use this one, and i got it from this web site HERE.:D

capture7g.gif

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Great recommendation :mad:

Now i have a widget that seems to think my location is new york, no way of changing this and it doesnt have an uninstall option either.....bloody marvelous!

Soldato

Now i have a widget that seems to think my location is new york, no way of changing this and it doesnt have an uninstall option either.....bloody marvelous!
I don't even have it installed, but try right clicking on the widget.

Soldato

I umm'ed and arr'ed about helping you given your reaction to the suggestion you were given. HTC Home is a widely used gadget that I haven't heard many bad things about. A tiny bit of initiative would have allowed you to reset the location, and you may have even found the un-install yourself.

Regardless, if you maintain that you want rid of it despite giving it even a remotely fair go, go to a run prompt and type %appdata%. You should find an HTC Home directory there. Within is an uninstall directory. You might even be able to work the rest out yourself :).

Permabanned
OP
I umm'ed and arr'ed about helping you given your reaction to the suggestion you were given. HTC Home is a widely used gadget that I haven't heard many bad things about. A tiny bit of initiative would have allowed you to reset the location, and you may have even found the un-install yourself.

Regardless, if you maintain that you want rid of it despite giving it even a remotely fair go, go to a run prompt and type %appdata%. You should find an HTC Home directory there. Within is an uninstall directory. You might even be able to work the rest out yourself :).

Well there is nothing in the settings for chaning the location (right click it, settings), and as i followed the full setup on install and told it the CORRECT location.

It also doesnt list its self in the windows list of installed programs.

This program is a pain in the backside, utter crap.

Back
Top Bottom