Places to live

Associate
Please correct me if im wrong here (maybe its just in Scotland)

One of my good mates is due to graduate this year. Upon graduating (if i can remember correctly) he said that if he is willing to work anywhere in the country he is entitled to a grant to help him relocate.

I assume you guys are entitled to the same thing?

Permabanned
Clifton is lovely, would sooner live in Clifton than the Midlands.

That and the fact I'm not a blonde School teacher.

Permabanned
Please correct me if im wrong here (maybe its just in Scotland)

One of my good mates is due to graduate this year. Upon graduating (if i can remember correctly) he said that if he is willing to work anywhere in the country he is entitled to a grant to help him relocate.

I assume you guys are entitled to the same thing?

I think that's more to do with if your job means you have to move, a relocation grant.

If you just decide that you don't want to live somewhere that's your choice.

Man of Honour
£42,000 gross salary = circa £28,000 annual net salary. So £600 a month would be about 25% of their annual income. It's just about right what they should be looking forward to paying for rent excluding bills.

The original post states £42,000 combined with no indication of whether that is gross or net, from that you can assume either way. I don't know exactly what teachers start on hence highlighting that I hadn't taken account of tax or deductions in case that was gross.

Soldato
Clifton is lovely, would sooner live in Clifton than the Midlands.

That and the fact I'm not a blonde School teacher.

Twas only joking lived in Clifton myself when I was at Bristol Uni have happy memories of spending all my evenings at the Old Duke. Great pub great days.

Soldato
Semi-pro waster, you've got me thinking about my living situation a bit more now. Soon to be renting a ~£725pcm property on a combined net income of £27,000 (after tax/deductions). That's 33% of our income gone on rent and not including bills.

If you want to spend £600pcm on a nice place to rent - stick in the midlands or venture north, for better value for money. I can happily sing the praises for places like SW Sheffield, N Leeds and York if you head north.

Associate
Malvern in Worcestershire.

Beautiful area, decent town, easy access to Worcester and Birmingham. Lots of primary schools in this area and 2 high schools in Malvern and 1 just out of Malvern. Plus the ones in Worcester as well.

ntg

ntg

Associate
The original post states £42,000 combined with no indication of whether that is gross or net, from that you can assume either way. I don't know exactly what teachers start on hence highlighting that I hadn't taken account of tax or deductions in case that was gross.

To earn 42k net they would need to be earning about 67-68k gross, that's 33-34k per person for a new starting teacher.

I'd get on to that if that was true!!!

I see what you mean but I assumed the other way, no way newly qualified teachers are earning that much net!!

Back
Top Bottom