*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
How much were you lifting?

~160kg, so not too much on the grand scheme of things (well, it was for me!). I'm a computer monkey with an awful desk posture and often bent over underneath desks as well which apparently contributed.

Hope you can find a way to still train or train around it if the situation improves. Last 4 years gave me phlebitis blood clot and pulminary embolism plus two torn tendons. Back in training now ;)

I hope so. I love training, seeing my body slowly deteriorate over the last few months has been painful. I'm still teetering on the right side of fit but no where near where I was. I'd hate to imagine where my lifts will be now, and CV too. I've gotten noticeably softer, it's horrible. All that work down the toilet.

Soldato
Sorry to hear it Paramount,

I work at a PC and play Video Games at a PC, not paying any attention to my posture, so theoretically the same thing could happen to me..I need to be really careful.

I hope Medicine finds a way to fix your Herniated Disc so that you can go back to the Gym and train again, or you can at least train around the problem with what can be done now.

All the best, with everything

Man of Honour
Sucky session in the gym today, everything felt hard and I was tired as soon as I stepped under the bar to squat. Didn't miss any lifts, but I felt really drained. I'm not bothered, these things happen. Last week I had a session where felt rubbish on the way in to the gym, but when I started lifting I smashed every set...?!?! Damn you gym, you mysterious and inconsistent mistress.

Managed to fit in some short sprints on the track though which felt really good, not fast yet but the form was coming back :)

Associate
I had a very poo session too. All through my squats it felt like all of my stability structures (back, hip flexors, etc) were completely fatigued. It was miserable :(. The only thing that was any good was I got a new pb for my pullups of 5x5 with 22.5kg added on, and not a cheat rep it sight :).

My gym was comparatively empty today, I was quite surprised that it wasn't full of the aptly named new resolutioners.

Soldato
I have a quick question - because my arms are still aching from Tuesday, should I wait a bit longer for my Chest/Back workout (i.e. Saturday) and instead do my Legs today?

You can do, but i think you'll be alright if Tuesday was the last time you trained, 48 hours rest i think was recommended or something along those lines.

Soldato
You can do, but i think you'll be alright if Tuesday was the last time you trained, 48 hours rest i think was recommended or something along those lines.

Cheers for your answer 'Wes; I think I'll give the Chest and Back a go today, see what my max lift is on the Smith & Deadlift today as well.

Hopefully when I get in the full flow of things, I won't be aching for so long after a workout!

Soldato
Just a dull ache on them, only when I prod them or move them - they don't seem to be stiff though.

Thought I should add, it only seems to be my triceps that are aching.

You should be okay, my triceps have a slight ache from training Monday and doing other various things at work and i'm training tonight. I usually find when i start training, the ache disappears, especially when i do cardio [when my legs are aching].

Soldato
You should be okay, my triceps have a slight ache from training Monday and doing other various things at work and i'm training tonight. I usually find when i start training, the ache disappears, especially when i do cardio [when my legs are aching].

I find the same when I start training, aching normally does go after a few warm up sets at very low weights.

After one or two sets, I normally whack the weights up.

I'll be doing some Cardio on Sunday probably, but I'm doing a 5 day split from next week instead of this weeks 3 day split.

kai

kai

Soldato
Really feeling good this morning, did a PB last night on deadlift, and i felt i could have possibly could have lifted more.

I weigh just less than 70kg - managed to deadlift 102kg x 6 - nothing amazing buy any stretch but i was happy.

Soldato
Really feeling good this morning, did a PB last night on deadlift, and i felt i could have possibly could have lifted more.

I weigh just less than 70kg - managed to deadlift 102kg x 6 - nothing amazing buy any stretch but i was happy.

Nice work Kai!

I've not done deadlifts for a very long time.

I maxxed out one rep at 115kg many years ago - around late 2005 when I weighed around 60-69kg so it will be interesting to find out what my max is this evening - some 5 and a bit years later, having only started training consistently these last 10 months.

I expect it won't be too good now, but I'll post my Deadlift and Smith Press results tonight anyway, however small they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom