Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

ray

ray

Associate
I received my HZ30Wi a couple of days ago so I'm now getting worried after hearing about the problems you guys are having with this screen!

The only problems I've had so far was when I first installed it: the screen wouldn't display anything and the LED on the side would flash an orange colour. After I turned everything off, then disconnected and reconnected the DVI cable, the screen worked fine and I've had no problems since then. I don't see any dead pixels and I'm happy with the quality of the display.

Anyway, I hope the problems you guys are having will be solved very soon, and I've got my fingers crossed that my display will continue to work without any problems.

Associate
Katanaq - are you sure the dual link dvi is connected properly?

I have 2 of these screens and haven't had a single problem like the one you are talking about - and what GFX card is it - but my screens have been running for well over a month.

Are the screens actually working sometimes? Or just not working at all?

Last edited:
Associate
Zappb3:

I have tried to reseat the dvi cable like 10 times. I have also tried 4 ports at computer end (2 computers). Also turned cable otherway. No effect.

I have 2 GFX on 2 computers:

HIS RADEON 3850 AGP. The monitor worked fine with this, but now upon boot, it shows picture for like 10-60 seconds, then goes white and then black blinking green/orange, like not getting signal. Worked fine with this setup for like 2 hours before starting this.

Gainward Bliss 7800GS Golden Sample AGP. The monitor just shows garbled pixel mess upon boot.

It may be the DVI cable itself, but I cannot figure out how it could break suddenly. Maybe I should go and buy a new one and try. Edit: I tried the cable with HD resolution monitor, not dual link, and the cable worked ok.

I would like to mention that Hazro has been very helpful and immediately answered my enquiry, but they are off for weekend now.

Edit: Just tried to put the monitor On at windows desktop (dual monitor setup). Picture goes on just fine, but goes black in like 10 seconds.

I cannot figure out whats going on...like it just drops signal.

Last edited:
Associate
Somewhere in the manual it says that the new screen resolution (2560x1600) should be set before connecting the monitor. so I used two screens (old 24 BenQ as main and Hazro as secondary) and it worked fine ....
Not sure if this is of any use though :rolleyes: ....

Associate
Was waiting on the 27-inch model but to be honest, noway now. Hazro had one chance to make up for last time and it was this thread, and they aren't filling me with confidence here....

Associate
I too had been prepared to wait for the 27-inch model until at most the end of this month as I liked the fact that it had the same res as the Apple Cinema Display at a much lower price point and it's supposed to be a better gaming panel than the u2711 but after the latest problems with the 30-inch model on 7/8 Jan, I jumped ship and got a HannsG HZ281. I can live with this at half the price of the 27-inch Hazro. :)

Associate
Ok I got an update. Seems to be a faulty circuitry. This can be considered as a DOA.

Hazro just called me and arranged a pickup for repair. Really great service, since I live in Finland.

Associate
OP
Hi folks

Just wanted to post an update on the 30inch and 27inch displays.

OCUK will take delivery of a small batch of the HZ30Wi's in approx 2 weeks or so. They may accept pre-orders.

The HZ30Wi-Qs will, most likely, be sold via our new site which is under development. Again, the lead time is around 2 weeks.

We cannot promote the 27s at all via these forums so any questions on these should be emailed in.

Apologies for the absence: more back orders to fulfill so I end up on the production line!!

Associate
hmmm, so OCUK will not be selling Hazro monitors soon, you'll be selling them direct?

While that might reduce the prices for us, or up your own margins (not saying that's a bad thing), it again makes me feel uneasy. Hope I'm just being paranoid, but this does feel a little worrying.

Then again, if the 27-inch comes in at an irresistible price, well, i might find it hard to resist and be a guinea pig even with my worries :)

*EDIT* didn't notice you can already buy direct from Hazro? :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hmmm, so OCUK will not be selling Hazro monitors soon, you'll be selling them direct?

OCUK will continue selling the HZ30Wi in the UK only. Infact, they have a batch going out very soon. We will sell other models directly and take orders from European customers.

Soldato
I too would be incredibly interested in a ~£500 27" IPS. The way I read Hazro's last post is that the 27" will only be available direct (maybe because the intended price point doesn't really allow for a 'middleman'), but the 30" will still be available via OcUK.

Edit: Didn't see Hazro had posted at the same time as me...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom