phantom menace on itv

Associate
I always refused to see the prequels on grounds I feared it would ruin my image of fond memories of A New Hope onwards.

In fact, a friend had to trick me to see The Clone Wars at the cinema 'but it's goooood' he kept trying to tell me.

Anyway, I came downstairs to see the telly playing to itself but caught sight of some kid flying a star fighter type of ship while in a dogfight.

What's this I thought? - I soon picked up the Star Wars references, but as there was some young kid behind the controls I thought it was a parody of the real thing.

It eventually dawned on me that this was no parody, I was actually watching Anakin in The Phantom Menace, I laughed to myself and walked off.

Soldato
Isnt Lucas making some sort of animated comedy series now, like robot chicken? im sure ive seen him say so on youtube......god he just cant help himself.

Are you thinking of the The Clone Wars TV series? That's actually pretty awesome mostly because GL has very little to do with them. TBH this is what the prequal films should have been (but live action of course)

Personally i can't wait until GL kicks the bucket, maybe then we will have the original triliory remasted properly

Ep1: Take away as much Jar Jat as possible
Ep2: Redub Ankins voice with the bloke that does Anikin in the TV series
Ep3: As ep3

Ep4: Orignal Han fires first, remove the Jubba bit, and tone down the busy entrance to Mos Eisley (the rest can stay as it's not too bad)
Ep5: This one is actually fine, leave it
Ep6: Orignal Ewoks end song and return the 'old' anikins ghost right at the end

Last edited:
Are you thinking of the The Clone Wars TV series? That's actually pretty awesome mostly because GL has very little to do with them. TBH this is what the prequal films should have been (but live action of course)

No i watch that with my kids, it's a great show. The one im on about is what Lucas/Green is talking about here...

Unless my meds are wearing off...a starwars comedy show? :mad:

Soldato
I despise the decisions that lead to the final sabre duel scene:

Why does Obi Wan run in attempt to save his master in such a slow bernard manning fashion? :(

Why does Maul, after giving both jedi a royal arse kicking and killing the master, just stand on the edge watching and not react in anyway when he see's obi wan begin to fly into the air and force towards him the light sabre?

Why are the Gungans so stupid and/or slapstick?!

Anyway, my gripes above can be balanced by saying that I will still watch any of the Star Wars films if they're on - I like to pretend Ive got a lightsabre and make vrum, broohhm noises.

Associate
Sweet I was waiting for the episode 3 review to be complete. Man this is going to be a good watch, I love the back story Plinkett has got going in his reviews.

Caporegime
yeah i saw it and actually turned it over to antiques road show or some other total drivel. It is so hammy, its almost like everyone is reading an auto-cue for their first time.

2 and 3 are actually ok in my opinion. I love the opening in 3, one of the gretest SWG fights evah!

Soldato
Ep5: This one is actually fine, leave it

Understatement - Empire is AWESOME! By far the best. I still think the best duel is in Jedi, Vader Vs Skywalker. The music alone gives me goose bumps even now!

You can keep all your CGI eye candy. (not aimed at you robgmun!) :)

Soldato
Understatement - Empire is AWESOME! By far the best. I still think the best duel is in Jedi, Vader Vs Skywalker. The music alone gives me goose bumps even now!

Its amazing to think that the same guy responible for Empire made the new ones.

I suppose I shouldn't have expected anyhing less after he butchered the originals with the enhanced versions.

R.I.P Irvin Kershner:(

Soldato
Spaced sumed up my view on the prequels quite nicely.

I love the little cut to Tim standing in front of the bonfire with all his Star Wars stuff going up in smoke. :D

Lucas would've blue screened that little cut away, added two hundred clones, some droids and at least half a dozen light sabres going off...

...and that's before he got back to it for the Special Edition.

Permabanned
The prequels and kingdom of the crystal skull raped my childhood!

Worse thing with phantom menace was taking the missus to the cinema to see it and after she is like WTF was that! Youve been going on about that movie for years!

I was ashamed.

Soldato

What i meant was that the changes made to it was fine (like the extra scenes with thw snow man/beast)

Associate
Its amazing to think that the same guy responible for Empire made the new ones.

Empire was really Irvin Kershner's baby. Lucas was only credited as an executive producer. IMO the fact that Lucas had such little creative input into this movie resulted in it being by frar the best of the franchise (and one of the best movies of all time).

Back
Top Bottom