Student protester jailed

Soldato
Fixed on phone in pub, what do you think it is a complete new set of policies, it is both parties policies mergedand altered.

Agreed on that, kinda......well no not really....so the merging of tory and libdem policy on tuition fees = a total and utter reversal on the side of the libdems?

Also i would have expected the libdems to have abstained on the tuition fee vote. Rather than being at the forefront of policy which is anaethema to their ideals.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...betrayalrsquo-over-tuition-fees-15026153.html

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes, it's a merger,. We'll Give You tuition fees and we'll implament one of the LD policies. Thats how negoration work in any walk of life.

Associate
Not gonna lie, the way he photographs/comes across, there is something a bit vacant about him, it actually creeps me out.
He deserved a sentence, not 3 years but definitely deserved a sentence.

Soldato
What a joke of a sentence! 3 years?! He didnt even injure someone! There are thugs that constantly harass, steal and attack other people and they get let off with asbos. Our justice system is screwed

Soldato
Pleased with the sentence, hopefully being bummed in jail will screw some sense into his stupid head.

Anyone else think if he wasn't in the news for this, he would have been in the news in a few years time anyways, after having been discovered wearing a homemade leotard made out of the skins of prostitutes he's strangled to death using the cable from a SNES controller, he's got that sort of look about him.

Last edited:
Associate
If he wanted to do all those things he should have bought a 20p biro and written a ****ing letter to his MP. Not thrown a fire extinguisher off a roof at the rozzers. Honestly, what else would the expected outcome be?

Issue is, the entire protest was on the basis of MPs not fulfilling their promises. But still, he's an idiot.

Soldato
Good, he did a moronic thing... but if you compare it with some of the other sentences people get... it's probably because of media pressure than anything.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;18206629 said:
Welp, he doesn't look like he's surrounded by student solidarity in that picture, does he?

Why would he be? People like him ruin their message.

They weren't on that day either... it wasn't long after he threw it thousands of people were chanting "stop throwing ****".

I don't suppose the news showed that part though.

Caporegime
Got any evidence to back that up? Prison is supposed to rehabilitate people, fair enough if this isn't the guys first offence but I can't see how sending him to prison for three years isn't going to do anything other than make him more likely to re-offend in three years time. I thought the judiciary were supposed to be free from political interference?

Any evidence to back up the long sentence being given to act as a deterrent? Well, the sentencing judge said that was the reason, so...

Soldato
I was catching up with the story again last night in the paper. It made me chuckle when I read through and found a small 2x1 article about a restaurant owner who beat a 2 year old boy to the point of suffering from severe bruises. He got 6 months suspended sentence

Associate
Had I not seen the video of the incident posted by someone on page 2 of this thread I would have said that it was an exceptionally harsh and unjustified sentence.

However the video clearly shows his intent to injure someone in the crowd below.

I.e he emptied the contents of the extinguisher onto the crowds below him. Then paused for a few seconds and swung (aimed) the extinguisher and let it go. It is very obvious from the video that he was intending to drop it on the crowds of riot police below him from the manner in which he swung it prior to release.

he was lucky not to be charged with attempted murder.

Caporegime
Had I not seen the video of the incident posted by someone on page 2 of this thread I would have said that it was an exceptionally harsh and unjustified sentence.

However the video clearly shows his intent to injure someone in the crowd below.

I.e he emptied the contents of the extinguisher onto the crowds below him. Then paused for a few seconds and swung (aimed) the extinguisher and let it go. It is very obvious from the video that he was intending to drop it on the crowds of riot police below him from the manner in which he swung it prior to release.

he was lucky not to be charged with attempted murder.

yeah looking at the video it's definitely not the "got carried away, forgot about the crowd, wasn't thinking" situation people have aid that was deliberately aimed.

Caporegime
Yeah but people who do kill people get less than that sometimes. 3years for throwing something off a building is ridiculous.

Throwing something off a building at the police was always going to carry a heavier sentence, and rightly so. A crime against the police is a crime against the authority we live under, and that has to be more heavily punished.

Back
Top Bottom