Does anyone live in/near King's Lynn?

Soldato
I might be leaving my island life, and going to college at King's Lynn in September (interview in March). But I know absolutely NO ONE in the area! Don't suppose we've got any OCUKers in that area? That like beer?

Soldato
There's plenty of OcUKers around Cambridge if you fancy a 45min train journey out of 6-finger county. I'm sure a meetup could be arranged.

But locally, what's wrong with the traditional way? College con amigos.

Soldato
OP
Make friends with the people you'll go to college with?

Of course I'll do that, goes without saying. But always nice to know someone in the area, an OCUK beer contact would be handy!

What course will you be doing?

Access to Medicine with a bit of luck

I live in King's Lynn :) Why is everyone coming to King's Lynn of late? Then again I don't like beer but Jack Daniels is faaaaar better than beer.

Awesome, you're the beer buddy! JD is acceptable however.

Soldato
OP
That's good to know, don't really know any mature Uni students, didn't know what to expect! What did you study, and how old?

Soldato
Yeah I was in Kings lynn for about a year. Was doing a placement year. I'll say it now but i'm not sure if its the same but its a dump! not much to do, town is horrible, If you like isolated location and not the busy enviroment then its going to be a huge culture shock.

Soldato
I am so glad to say that I've not been anywhere near King's Lynn, since I left there in 1991. Until then (for those who are from that area), I lived on the Springwood estate, and went to Springwood High School. Back then, it wasn't such a hellhole, at least not that I remember. But looking at my old stomping grounds on google earth, showed how much it went downhill.

Associate
I had a mate that lived near Lynn for a few years, then he moved to Dagenham lol ... sorry OP, no help but you'll soon make friends there and end up drinking plenty of beer :D

Man of Honour
My brother lives there and loves it (he used to live in London around 15 years ago and far prefers Lynn). I've been there many times and quite like it too. Like everywhere there will be good and bad areas.

Soldato
OP
That's good to hear - it didn't seem too bad a place when I was there last week!

I've managed to get accommodation about 3 minutes away from COWA as well, which is handy

Back
Top Bottom