The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

Soldato
22-25, £30001-40000, IT (Developer at a university), Level 6, Manchester, 31-40 Hours

Working at a university I get a fairly good benefits package in terms of leave (both annual and sick/paternity), pension and job security. It does suffer from no performance related stuff, in theory we currently have a bonus scheme, but it's based on the whole departments success and has an absolute top figure of about £210/yr, our annual increase usually makes more difference than the bonus :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey mate, yeah - well kinda, my office is in Banchory but I'm about to move into a new flat in Aberdeen so yes!

I used to go there a fair bit, haven't been for a while though as I think the people who own it are right ****s :)

I've heard it's a pretty good place to go for tattoo's, the best place in Aberdeen is Richard's though (right next door to the moorings!). I'm actually gonna get something done there in the next month or so!

Welcome back to the grey city haha

Ah right, just right next to my flat and know it plays metal so put two and two together.

Ah right will have a look at Richards as I'm looking at getting quite a bit of work done soon.

And thanks, I think lol

KaHn

Soldato
Ah right, just right next to my flat and know it plays metal so put two and two together.

KaHn

For a rock night I would usually go to Korova on Windmill Brae on a Friday - it's dark and dingy but cheap booze and not too terrible if you are drunk! Plus the DJ loves our music and usually sticks one of my band's songs on ha!

My fave bar in Aberdeen at the mo is Sopranos just opposite the bus station, it's a nice little wine bar place - dunno why I like it there's not much to it!

Soldato
Job 1: 26-30; £20,001-£25,000; Office Based; Level 3; 31-40
Job 2: <£1,000, Emergency Services
Job 3: £0, Emergency Services

Soldato
Tosh thread, either students who don't care or Willy wavers, and no doubt a few day dreamers adding a few k. I wont name names, but if was earning 40k plus I doubt I would've selling fans in MM for 2quid ;)

Soldato
Tosh thread, either students who don't care or Willy wavers, and no doubt a few day dreamers adding a few k. I wont name names, but if was earning 40k plus I doubt I would've selling fans in MM for 2quid ;)
Why not? if you've got stuff to get rid of surely better to get a couple of quid than to just chuck it.
I'm not far off that bracket myself and I'd still sell stuff on MM if I could be bothered.

Man of Honour
I don't think people are faking - lots of people have put themselves in a lower bracket and have been honest about their education levels.

I don't see the issue or how it's a willy waving thread - no one is boasting about how much they earn. I know I'm certainly not. Most of us here are fairly well educated, or hard working people who happen to be relatively successful. Most people here can afford internet connections, build homes, buy cars, and I'd suggest or guess that most people here aren't on income support/benefits etc... So generally at least at average earnings or above. Look at the age range too, plenty of 30-40+ in this group too - clearly with a lot of experience under their belts as such earning more. Look at Motors and also at hte holidays people go on. I'd say the general populous of this forums is earning at least an average wage. Those who aren't are either students or the exception that makes the rule.

Certainly most people I've met (and that is several hundred) off this forum are pretty much as they say they are on the forums as they are in person.

If people want to lie, fine, I'm sure that happens, but to cast aspersions that people aren't being honest is frankly rather immature.

Back
Top Bottom