I'm Think of getting another dog

Associate
OP
Alright Just done a bit of research about the poor practaces when breeding the pug can geteye diseases, joint disorders, skin conditions, and seizures.

i am rather scared i will be the odd one out.. and get a dogji dog

any one want to recomend me a small dog :) not jacks either! :)

Soldato
What a bout a Westie? SB118 (I think) on here has pups. :D Guess they're too weak to play with a Staffie as AHarvey has just said.

Soldato
Ignoring all the normal ocuk stuff that comes up in dog threads, i think it''s great that you want another dog, but don't get a pug.

Take the dog down the local dogs home, find a dog that is similar in personality but has slightly less energy than the one you have now. Doesn't matter what it is, just that they click.

A pug will get pounded on by yours, they aren't big enough to play with a staffy cross.

And get a mongrel over a pedigree, less chance of genetic issues.

Associate
OP
Alright, i would favor the issue of getting one from the dog pound but i went to my local dog pound in halewood the RSPCA place were they keep dogs and its just full of staff / pitbull type dogs :(:(

i want to get a small dog like tib spaniel

thanks for all your replies

Associate
We've just bought two pugs. One fawn, the other black! Absolutely fantastic dogs, both of them! Some medical issues but if you have the time, they're great! Not good at being left alone and require a LOT of attention especially in the early months but I wouldn't swap them for anything, well, maybe a Boston terrier but I'm afraid that's Tron's fault!

+ 1 for the pug! If you want a dog who's a bit more self reliant but still want a toy breed, you could try a puggle, beagle/pug cross!

Associate
Alright, i would favor the issue of getting one from the dog pound but i went to my local dog pound in halewood the RSPCA place were they keep dogs and its just full of staff / pitbull type dogs :(:(

i want to get a small dog like tib spaniel

thanks for all your replies

Get yourself over to the Wirral pound, lots of different breeds there!

Associate
OP
We've just bought two pugs. One fawn, the other black! Absolutely fantastic dogs, both of them! Some medical issues but if you have the time, they're great! Not good at being left alone and require a LOT of attention especially in the early months but I wouldn't swap them for anything, well, maybe a Boston terrier but I'm afraid that's Tron's fault!

+ 1 for the pug! If you want a dog who's a bit more self reliant but still want a toy breed, you could try a puggle, beagle/pug cross!

what problems have you had with your pugs?

Soldato
We have a Puggle (Pug/Beagle) and I know I'm being biased here, but she really is the best dog ever :) Just an idea for ya.
Loves playing, loves sleeping! Happy to be on her own or laying on the couch with us. Doesn't shed much, smells gorgeous all the time (seriously never known a dog to smell so good), great with other dogs (just wants to play).
Currently asleep next to me :)
elljg.jpg

Associate
OP
We have a Puggle (Pug/Beagle) and I know I'm being biased here, but she really is the best dog ever :) Just an idea for ya.
Loves playing, loves sleeping! Happy to be on her own or laying on the couch with us. Doesn't shed much, smells gorgeous all the time (seriously never known a dog to smell so good), great with other dogs (just wants to play).
Currently asleep next to me :)
elljg.jpg

WOW she is Gorgus

if you dont mind me asking how much did she set you back?:cool:

Soldato
WOW she is Gorgus

if you dont mind me asking how much did she set you back?:cool:

Long story short - Had our hearts set on a rescue pup we had seen (10months old Puggle) went back the next day to say 'we'll save you' but turned out someone had beat us to her :( So next day we searched and found 10wk old Ellie, but from a breeder ($400) - but now I can say I'd pay $4k for her. I honestly HATE how much I love her ;)

Associate
My type of thread, it has a Pug in it! I think mate, if you WANT to get a pug, just get one. You cannot go wrong! Excellent temperament, great with other dogs and most of all they are amazingly loving to their owner! So much so, we have ordered our next Pug, 6 weeks till he comes :D

As Ahleckz says, SOME people think they are ugly, some adore them, like me. They are a marmite dog. If you dont hate it just from lookign at it, you Will love it. Just make sure you go through the proper channels with breeders etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom