I'm Think of getting another dog

Associate
Pugs are a womans dog
-1000 man points for walking/owning one

Dont forget they have stinky bums, eye problems and so many other ailments, you need a Vet on speed dial.

Yes thats correct, They are a faulty dog from birth, No Distance Selling Regulations or Stuff like that, dont complain if they have health probs :D
And thanks for the 2000 Man points to me :D Shall have 3000 in 6 weeks :D

Associate
I do see your point and I agree with it, for most, a mongrel is good. Pricewise its huge difference. We took the view of, play it safe, and not be sure what characteristics of the Pug your going to get, or just go whole hog and risk it. We did, and are loving it.
I vote risk it, you know you want to :D

Edit- Should add, by pricewise, i meant Cost of the dog to start, and maintanence/vet bills etc

Soldato
And get a mongrel over a pedigree, less chance of genetic issues.

Utter ********

Get yourself over to the Wirral pound, lots of different breeds there!

You'll find the majority of pounds in the UK are over run by staffie crosses.

That's why I suggest a mongrel - healthier, happier, much less chance of genetic issues.

Utter ******** again, regardless of how many times you say it still means its wrong.

Also the comment for collies biting people it was due to the way collies are brought up, majoirity of them will not be biting(re:attacking) but mearly nipping to control kids/people they are not aggressive but if they are brought into the home and not worked they will become bored and may have personality issues but thats due to the owners.

I won't get into the whole pug issue as they have unfortunally been the but end of show dogs for a number of years now (in-breeding by ignorant breeders).

Everyone has jumped on the Pedigree bandwagon since the whole crufts issues a few years ago but that is really where the majority of people buy dogs go wrong as they want a "crufts dog" if you look at any pedigree breeders of working breeds (GSD/Collie/Springers/Terriers) they will be just as healthy and happy as any breed.

For example look at Siberian Huskies, they have almost 0 genetic health issues and are known to be one of the oldest domestic dog breeds.

I would suggest get what ever dog you wish and just spend time to train it as that's what it comes down to.

KaHn

/p.s. German Shepherd >*

IMG_0825.jpg

Soldato
Pugs and staffs are ugly dogs. Pugs more so than staffs. Get a proper dog like a collie or a lab. However, if odd dogs are your thing, you can always go for a shihtzu or something.

Staffs are ugly? I think Charlie would disagree with you on this one.

IMG_20100907_174754.jpg

10032010111.jpg

01052010135.jpg

Soldato
Here are a few pics of mine but only YOU can decide what you wan't so I won't offer any suggestions:

This is an old pic as the Pointer is fully grown now.
4923144068_1eee0d1138.jpg

New Pointer recent
5354311910_a15a69096d_m.jpg

Lab when she was puppy.
5354311912_5d18813200.jpg

Permabanned
Do some searching. Here's a table I found, and I don't believe the site has any reason to mislead.
http://www.dogbiteclaims.co.uk/dangerous-breeds.html

depends on where you look, they rank Labradors as being the most docile

But here is a Labrador that ripped a woman's face off
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul/28/na-pit-bull-earns-top-dog-rank-in-bites/
They also think they are the most likely to bite.

I know an animal rescues for Collies, which gets all the mistreated collies, out of 50 odd animals they had one that was apparently aggressive, but was fine with me :confused:

I think I'd rather have a stuffed toy than a Labrador, surely they are the most boring dogs ever?

edit. wtf, people still buy dogs from breeders!?
what's wrong with saving one from a freaking miserable life in a rescue centre? Posers :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
As I say they're only young at the moment, and we've not encountered anything major at the moment, but overheating us a big problem, as are the susceptibility of the eyes to infection. You'll have to be willing to clean their eyes quite a bit.

@ Kahn - you're quite right, however, I was suggesting a local alternative!

Had to take a gorgeous little black and White staff off a local nomark the other day, I'd have happily kept her!

Associate
Golden retrievers are one of the best all around dogs, which are great with kids and have a temperament equal to the Maine **** cat (easy going giant).

Soldato
edit. wtf, people still buy dogs from breeders!?
what's wrong with saving one from a freaking miserable life in a rescue centre? Posers :mad:

Because people do not always want to worry about training a potentionally abused dog around children/people.

I've had Max since 6weeks old and never had one problem with his temperment/training I can not say the same about the rescue dog my ex got.

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom