I have about £25 in used stamps can they be converted to cash or re-used?

Soldato
I found a load of stamps cut out from a parcel in a drawer. They've been stuck onto something so I guess they've been used but they haven't got any kind of postal markings or 'stamps' ontop of them.

Can they be converted to cash or re-used on another parcel?

Soldato
they are used so they are worthless...

you probably have about 0.0001p worth of recyclable paper...

they cannot cost more than a few pence per 100 to make so they are not going to be worth anything to the PO either

unless its a pile of rare and valuable stamps :)

Soldato
OP
So if I were to take a package to the post office and find out the postage cost, go home, leave the package on my desk, accidentally spill some glue on it, then open the window which might cause the breeze to blow the stamps I found onto the sticky package, then return to the post office they should just accept it?

Caporegime
The confused smiley is not emphatic enough for this.

Anyway. Rumour has it they sometimes use invisible postmarks that can only be seen under UV so you can still be caught out. Not sure how true that is.

Soldato
i thought stamps are designed now so that removing them just pulls them apart ?

to be fair you could probably sellotape bits of stamp on and i doubt anyone in the sorting office will give a damn

Caporegime
i thought stamps are designed now so that removing them just pulls them apart ?

to be fair you could probably sellotape bits of stamp on and i doubt anyone in the sorting office will give a damn

i pulled some of the self adhesive ones clean of a birthday card and stuck them on another envelope without even needed to use pritstick :D

Soldato
i always reuse stamps that dont have a postage mark :D

/waits for the morality brigade to say im stealing

Stick it to The Man, brother. I'm with you! :D
The confused smiley is not emphatic enough for this.

Anyway. Rumour has it they sometimes use invisible postmarks that can only be seen under UV so you can still be caught out. Not sure how true that is.

We do all sorts to your parcels and letters. Sometimes we even deliver them.

Soldato
OP
lol, Cool, was curious more than anything, as I seem to have it in the back of my head the stamps are legal tender as they have the queens head on. I may give it a try posting something, although I'll probably just ruin the stamps, don't dob me in Dreyfus! ;)

Back
Top Bottom