Elder Scrolls V Latest Information

Soldato
Dunno if its been mentioned already. But you know closing the oblivion gates granted powers, well apparently defeating dragons of different strengths results in the same. Also they free roam the world map, they can swoop down and attack villages too, at which point you're the one who defends the village. All very interesting stuff

Associate
I used to do some of the modding for Morrowind when it first came out and I remember someone modded in a dragon add in. At that point I always thought... you know what really needs to be added to this... :)

Skyrim was a damned good choice too. I love the nords and the lore will be fantastic.

Quick, to the mead hall brothers and sisters!

Soldato
To be honest, I cant find it in the FAQ anywhere. But I have seen it said before, By members not Dons. So if they suspend you for linking to it, its bad form. They need to make the rule official before dishing out consequences.

And the game looks superb. Some mighty fine graphics right there

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Hmm, the images are rather small and some seem to be concept art rather than screen shots but it still looks better than oblivion which is good. :)

looks no different to oblivion to me. good to see the dragon etc but i'm no more excited for this game then when there wasn't any. i think it's safe to say this is just like oblivion but with slightly improved graphics so nothing major but a new story, where as morrowind to oblivion was a massive step up and change.

Soldato
looks no different to oblivion to me. good to see the dragon etc but i'm no more excited for this game then when there wasn't any. i think it's safe to say this is just like oblivion but with slightly improved graphics so nothing major but a new story, where as morrowind to oblivion was a massive step up and change.

Agreed that the change between Morrowind and Oblivion was more noteworthy, But I think thats a generation gap. Oblivion and Skyrim have been released in the same generation. I think we'll see a similar gap only when the next elderscrolls hits next generation.

Last edited:
exactly. i'm not saying the game wont be good because it's not a big gap, i'm just saying seeing the screenshots isn't very exciting as they look very similar to oblivion and don't show much difference other then a few finer details being improved.

Associate
Never played morrowind myself. Loved oblivion, was younger at the time so maybe it was easier to be sucked in but it did feel like an epic adventure xD

Meh I think the screenshots look great but I also don't think they reveal what the game has to offer IMO, I think it will be more 'wow' than you think.

Associate
exactly. i'm not saying the game wont be good because it's not a big gap, i'm just saying seeing the screenshots isn't very exciting as they look very similar to oblivion and don't show much difference other then a few finer details being improved.

Apparently a lot of the game physics are being updated so try to take that into account.

... But dude... there are going to be dragons! I'm about as excited as a fat kid in an eat all you want ice cream buffet!

Soldato
How long now?

Jumped onto oblivion the other day to get into the spirit of things.

Just going round towns now talking to people about rumors and seeing what I can unearth.

ags

Back
Top Bottom