Just got a 5DMk2

Soldato
Have to say my official review is:

It's REDONK, im impressed :eek: :D

IQ is insane, the Video Quality is insane, and its just, awesome.

Ok enough of the epean, in seriousness im coming from a 5D mk1 which iv been using over 2 years, 40D before this, I work around 3 nights a week doing part time photography in clubs, events, charity events and other local work, so it will be put to good use, simply got as my 5D has flown past its rated shutter rating, still going strong however :D, but yeah now at this level, it would be mighty stupid to turn up to 'work' with only 1 cam and have it break on me, so hence the purchase, its a quantum leap over the mk1, and (your gonna laugh at this) how FAST it is, instant menus and shutter speed is noticibly quicker to me.

Pics are on me website which i think is in sig if your curious, it will be its 1st outing tonight at a bar/club, ill see how she gets on :)

Soldato
OP
Great purchse:)

quite a big step from old 5D :)

enjoy

It is indeed, after using it for the evening it just seemed more responsive and 'together', also the focus was faster and more accurate, it didnt skip a beat, I always take a couple of shots everytime I take events photos with each person, obviously due to people blinking etc, and sometimes the mk1 wouldnt focus in time and leave a blurry shot (only very occasionally and when it was an 'of the moment' capture, not so much when posed), the mk2 never failed once last nite even when it was a split 2nd moment I had to get the shot.

Nice, I had noticed over on TP :)

When you say difference in shutter speed, do you mean the time delay from pressing the shutter release?

No the fps, 1 more than the mk1 but noticeably faster, as said above I take a couple of shots on each person and defo nippier :), just the right speed I feel, any faster and wouldnt be enough time for someone to open eyes if they blinked or something.

One more thing, i was going to wait a while to get the grip but it gave me hand ache last night not having the grip, its so much more useable with one, ill be getting it faster than I had thought! lol

Associate
I've just bought one tonight and some new lenses for it. Going to sell my Tokina lens and couple more things to lessen the pain of the burning hole in my wallet.

I can't wait till mine arrives next week I've heard so much positive reviews about it, and I hope you enjoy your camera!

Soldato
Vote for a 5DII sub forum?

Can only get in by typing in your 5d2 serial number.

Booo, elitists! (yes, I am jealous) :)

Was looking at the 5DII in Currys the other day, almost fell over when I saw what they were asking for it (almost £2400 with kit lens), kerching!

Back
Top Bottom