Buying from Apple Shop

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Quick question:

Was about to go down to Regent Street to purchase 3 MBPs, got hard 'cash' on me, but am very reluctant to carry nearly £5k in my pocket.

Does anyone know if I can ring Apple Store Regent Street, purchase them over the phone on a credit card and then go pick them up (providing I have proof of ID and/or order number)?

AJK

AJK

Associate
I assume there's an obvious answer, but why can't you go to the shop with a credit/debit card and pay the usual way? You clearly have the money...

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
I assume there's an obvious answer, but why can't you go to the shop with a credit/debit card and pay the usual way? You clearly have the money...

The obvious answer is the only one with that amount of money available is the boss who's away on business, he's contactable, so we thought if he could phone the store up, pay for them, get some kind of reference number then one of us could go to the store and pick them up.

It would also mean that the card that was used to purchase them wouldn't be able to be used as a proof of purchase.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If he pays over the phone, they'll email an invoice to whatever email he specifies.

Print out the email and take it to the Apple store as proof of purchase?

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
Answer - No.

Apple Shops don't take CC payments over the phone.

Looks like I'll have to head off into the city with cash :/

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Provided you don't march around shouting "I DO NOT HAVE 5 GRAND IN MY POCKET!" you should be alright.

Exactly. I've carried more than that and never had problems.

Go with someone and keep it in a locked bag, out of sight and you'll be fine.

Karting MBPs back will be the hard part ;)

Caporegime
Make sure you wear something conspicuous, use it as a double bluff - though dont forget to mention here what you choose for a laugh - maybe even upload a pic for ****s and giggles ;)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Man of Honour
Exactly. I've carried more than that and never had problems.

Go with someone and keep it in a locked bag, out of sight and you'll be fine.

Karting MBPs back will be the hard part ;)

EVH makes a fair point, I'd be more worried about carrying 5k worth of very visable tech than easily hid money

Associate
Why not place the money into your bank account and then pay with your debit/credit card. Plus then if the worst does happen on the way back with 3 MBP then you may be covered.

Soldato
Provided you don't march around shouting "I DO NOT HAVE 5 GRAND IN MY POCKET!" you should be alright.

This...to be honest. :D

34407.jpg

Soldato
I just use a plastic envelope and a safety pin, attach it to the inside of my trousers (near the waist) when I carry a lot :p Not sure how big 5k would be though.

Back
Top Bottom