How do I mount new 2.5" SSD in my case?

Associate
Just dived in to the world of SSD and bought a Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB direct from Crucial for £93 delivered!!
Anyway, I digress, how do I mount this new 2.5" drive in to my case? Will it come with a mounting bracket for a 5.25" bay or something?

Thanks

Associate
Whats wrong with double sided tape?

But seriously they have no moving parts you could velcro it to the roof of your case if you wanted. My Coolmaster case came with a adapter which I used as I wanted to be able to see it sat in the drive bay.

Soldato
You've pretty much answered your own question there bud, especially for those of us who have spent a lot of time making the innards look nice and sparkly, only to have an SSD velcroed to the bottom of the drive cage.

Soldato
Mines double sided taped to the back side of the HD cage, so when my case is opened u can't spot it at all, you can still do that method, and have it neat looking.

Associate
Double sided tape? Cowboys! What you need is sticky fixers. ;) I've tried using the mounting kit shipped with the OCZ drives in a HP desktop, but it wouldn't fit. Ended up sticky fixing the SSD onto the top of the old HD. Worked a treat.

Back
Top Bottom