• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Geforce 266.58 WHQL

Caporegime
What are the strong improvements?

I've only seen a slight improvement of 4% in Unigine

edit: Can't do a comparison for Metro 2033, but for anybody elses reference.

with i7 950 @ 3.9 ghz / 570 @ 890 hz and

Settings: 2560 x 1440; DirectX 11; High; AAA; AF 16X; PhysX: Enabled; Tesselation: Enabled; DOF: Disabled

Averaged 40 FPS on 3 benchs

The average FPS drops to 28 on Very High

Then your pc is crap and faulty.

Associate
This driver is an absolute disaster on my PC.

It like the driver messes up the harddrives access times or something. The first time i installed the driver i could see someting was wrong because normally my windows 7 boot is smooth and nice - now it was all choppy and windows wouldn't react to any commands eventhoug the mouse could be used. It was like only 30sec later windows would start respond. However trying to get into the nvidia control panel takes nearly a minute... Changing resolutions takes over 2min !
When running Vantage the load time is more than tripled compared to the 263.09 drivers where everthing would load smooth an instantly. Also I can't finish Vantage since it's like it just stops at the last CPU 2 test.

I can play games but it takes ages for them to load, however when loaded and getting into the game it runs fine. Exitting to desktop the the stuttering hell begins all over again.

It's like the clock settings are all over the place cause the GFX failing to respond or something.

I downloaded all latest drivers for sound and motherboard but 0 improvement.

As a last result I tried doing a totally new and clean windows 7 install and just using the windows default drivers for sound and motherboard.
As soon I installed the 266.58 driver things went screwy once again and the desktop would lag like hell with hughe latency. As soon as the driver is removed everything is smooth. Testing out 263.09, 263.14, 266.44 everything ran smooth and soft.

This driver is definitely not for owners of Asus P7P55WS motherboards... and frankly I'm suspecting it to be an issue with the NF200 chips used on some X58/P55 platforms.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just installed these on my 570,only game i play is BC2.

Used the exact same settings as my previous driver but ingame it looks poorer visually and seems a tad sluggish.

Soldato
drivers are good for me, seeing no major performance differences though.......especially in cataclysm........but im thinking Wow can only be improved upon by cpu performance.

Associate
Anyone else having issues with 3d vision with these?

Just installed and its all got a strange yellow glow and also not in 3d :O

Yup I'm having problems, 3 ain't working at all. Getting weird glow + red/blue versions. When i press the button on the IR receiver the light turns off.

*EDIT*
Downloaded 266.21 standalone 3d drivers and it seems to be working fine again!

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Then your pc is crap and faulty.

Can't you communicate on an adult level without resorting to childish replies?. Seriously, attitudes like this are not needed and are certainly not helpful in any way. Going by your other posts in this thread I can see clearly what you're getting at :rolleyes:.

Ignore list for you.

Soldato
If you play another game and then play BC2 it will feel sluggish, its just the gameplay

Maybe. Been on the PS3 with Fifa/GT5 and came back to it yesterday evening to test out the drivers. Felt a little slow, nothing extraordinary but the this afternoon I really noticed it. May just take a little bit of time to get back into it....maybe an excuse to get Vietnam?:p

Not sure if serious......:confused:

Highly unlikely me suspects!

Soldato
Vietnam runs smoother than BC2 for a few reasons, i'm sure you'll notice this, BC2 is a clunky game of which you get used to as you play it and forget about if you play it consistantly until you take a break from it and then return and at that point you'll notice how sluggish it is compared to other games

Soldato
First time I've ever had major issues with nVidia drivers. It's simply impossible to access the NCP on my system. Uninstalled and reinstalled but same issue. Going back to the previous beta driver which worked flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom