Good ocuk moderator action

Associate
Recently I messed up on ocuk members market, it was my second infringment.

First was yellow carded for completley ignoring forum guidelines- cause, willful ignorance, just posted didnt bother learning. Second mucked up and did something that warranted a suspension- cause- my own idiocy; no intent, just a mistake.

After doing the second action went round my mates to watch the footer (tott-mu) and saw I was suspended, time to reinstation; never.

Got rather bothered. I like ocuk, realised my own foolishness had created this issue.

Put briefly, emailed moderator, within fifteen minutes got a comprehensive email back, things got sorted.

During my time off had a look at bans on ocuk and there are a lot of negatives.

My experience was that the mods are reasonable, polite and just.

I work a job where I have to deal with badmouthing on the web a lot, thus I want to say my only run in with ocuk mods was positive by far.

Thread is not intended for discussion or replies, meant to be a public comment. As forrest gump said; Thats all I gots to say about that.

Soldato
I've never had any issues but my boss was banned for visiting another site, and the supposedly having joint accounts. He emailed not long ago trying to get reinstated but after the initial "i'll see" he heard nothing.

He still asks me what is going on on here and browses it now and again.

Associate
OP
My comments are as they are.

Didnt intent to reply but taken aback;

Lysander did you even read that?!?

As per milky, play nice; you wouldnt need to qualify it if it wasnt an insult.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've never had any issues but my boss was banned for visiting another site, and the supposedly having joint accounts. He emailed not long ago trying to get reinstated but after the initial "i'll see" he heard nothing.

He still asks me what is going on on here and browses it now and again.

Banned for visiting another site.....I doubt that.

Double accounts maybe.

Soldato

Double accounts maybe.

He said it was some site that turned out to be a ocuk hate site, can't remember the name, but then, if I couldn't I wouldn't post it :) He was told it was for that to start, then dual accounts although he swears it wasn't him.

He's back in work in a couple of hours so I can ask him before I go home, if this thread is still here. I just find it odd as he's a real stickler for rules and laws.

Permabanned
The OcUK community is unique, there's a reason I keep coming back here, and it's in no small part due to the mods and admins.

Soldato

Double accounts maybe.

You can doubt all you like but it happened to a number of people, me included. This was a while back now though, before you joined. A number of sites popped up and I ended up joining one along with a few other members, it ended up being just another site where people could have a laugh and pretty much say what they want.

EDIT: Ha ha at Lysander :D

Back
Top Bottom