just got a ps3 - noob question time

Soldato
ok set it up and it did some updates, i have a portable usb drive with loads of films and music, i have plugged the drive in and nothing? how do i get it to show and how can i copy from it? it also sees my pc and laptop on the wifi, but cant access them, do i need software?

Associate
Go onto the movies or music section of the home screen, then scroll down to your USB stick. Press triangle, and then click "Display All". This should then show all your files on the stick. To transfer them onto your PS3 permanently, highlight the desired item, press triangle and then go to "copy".

Hope this helps.

Soldato
ok set it up and it did some updates, i have a portable usb drive with loads of films and music, i have plugged the drive in and nothing? how do i get it to show and how can i copy from it? it also sees my pc and laptop on the wifi, but cant access them, do i need software?

First of all is the HDD NTFS? As the PS3 only uses FAT32 for external devices, if it is F32 then press the triangle button to show all folders. Alternatly if you set up the drive as PS3\VIDEO (all upper case) and put the videos in the video folder, much like you can with MUSIC and PHOTOS. As for streming stuff from your PC use a program called PS3media server found here http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
This will allow you to pick folders/files that you want to stream onto your PS3 pretty simple and quite powerful.
On a side note sign up to PSN and post your user name in the PSN ID thread.

Back
Top Bottom