Your Favourite Restaurants

Associate
People, put more London restaurants up. I'm looking for a few ideas and haven't been here long enough to have an idea of decent places yet!

Associate
Something different would be good, so not the usual steak or Italian places that are everywhere.

I went to a nice little Caribbean/Jamaican style restaurant which was really good.
Was in Camden although I can't for the life of me remember the name

Edit: My google skills are unparalleled, its called Cottons.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
People, put more London restaurants up. I'm looking for a few ideas and haven't been here long enough to have an idea of decent places yet!

Couple of regular haunts for me:

Guerilla Burgers (Bond Street Station / Central Line) - www.guerillaburgers.com
I know it's 'burgers', but the entire atmopshere, music, staff and quality is exceptional.

Fakhreldine (Green Park / Piccadilly Line) - http://www.fakhreldine.co.uk
One of my all time fave places, Lebanese food, unbelievable quality and excellent service with a great price.

Tas (all over) - http://www.tasrestaurant.com
Again, some really good quality restaurants, amazing food and great service.

Ten Ten Tai (Piccadilly Circus) - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/52/570823/restaurant/Soho/Ten-Ten-Tei-London
One of the best Sushi places I go to - doesn't look much but astounding quality of food!

Associate
Couple of regular haunts for me:

Guerilla Burgers (Bond Street Station / Central Line) - www.guerillaburgers.com
I know it's 'burgers', but the entire atmopshere, music, staff and quality is exceptional.

Fakhreldine (Green Park / Piccadilly Line) - http://www.fakhreldine.co.uk
One of my all time fave places, Lebanese food, unbelievable quality and excellent service with a great price.

Tas (all over) - http://www.tasrestaurant.com
Again, some really good quality restaurants, amazing food and great service.

Ten Ten Tai (Piccadilly Circus) - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/52/570823/restaurant/Soho/Ten-Ten-Tei-London
One of the best Sushi places I go to - doesn't look much but astounding quality of food!

thanks for those.

That Lebanese place and Tas look really good, I'm not really a go out with friends to a restaurant person, more taking a special someone so those two are my pick so far. Although Fakhreldine's website is frustrating to use...

Soldato
McDonalds
Burger King...

:D

Around Chichester there arn't that many decent places to eat - we've got the Pizza Express, Zizzi, ASK etc but not much else.

I like going to Pubs to get food as i find pub food much nicer.

Soldato
La Vita Spuntini - Byres Road, Glasgow. Italian Tapas, superb food and service.

The Wheelhouse - Falkirk. Great food and a nice atmosphere.

Bar Aldo's - Alloa. Again, Italian ( my favorite food ) but this place is genuinely family run and the service is possibly the best I've ever had in a restaurant anywhere. And the food is awesome too.

Soldato
My favourite places to eat out in Prague are

Amiente Brasiliero in Slovanský dům - link - It's a Brazilian restaurant where there is a salad and pasta bar where you take what you want then guys come around with different types of meat on huge skewers and slice it off onto your plate. The meat is really good and it's all you can eat too so you usually end up stuffed :)

Grosseto - link - Family owned Italian restaurants in Prague, they are all really good, best pizza in the city IMHO.

Corte di Angelo - link - Another Italian, also very good and close to work, often go here for lunch, the blonde waitress is HOT HOT HOT! recognizes us and serves us now :)

I've never been to an upmarket place here yet, will have to at some time :)

Commissario
Les deux Salons just around the corner from the Colliseum in London. Fantastic, parents treated us last weekend, possibly some of the best food I've ever had. Not cheap though!

Soldato
As cheap places go I used to enjoy Wahaca in Covent Garden... can't get in there most of the time any more though ... there's a queue coming out of the door for a table most nights of the week. :(

There's one at Canary Wharf now. I've been there once and really enjoyed it. Definitely looking to go back.

Tayyabs in Whitechapel is great if you like a tasty, cheap curry and don't mind a chaotic atmosphere.

I'm also a big fan of Eddie's in Stratford as far as gastro pubs go. Quite expensive but very tasty and the portions are huge.

Associate
My favourite was the Waterfront Place, Chelmsford.. decent food and wine. Great surroundings and the table was yours until you were ready to leave.. Then they converted to a children's play area??

I didn't realise it was just a children's play area now, don't they have the restaurant upstairs any more? It used to be great!

Soldato
the baby elephant which is an indian tapas type place, very nice food.

the brinstop which is like a gastro pub who do great home cooked stuff.

nandos

KFC

Associate
London

Chinese;

Hung To - Queensway
Kam Tong - Queensway

Portuguese

Nando's - Kilburn (though all the same id guess :p)

The North

Leeds

Chinese;

Tong Palace

Scarborough

Indian;

Indian Rose

There are plenty of others but I cant list them all :p

Associate
Went to the 2 michelin starred Ledbury the other night and had the tasting menu with accompanying wines.

Also went down to the kitchen and met the chef and showed us how they cook the food etc.

He also gave us a load of produce to take away with us, what a nice guy. This was my best restaurant experience to date..

Back
Top Bottom