Friends that talk about wow too much?

Caporegime
What? :confused:

You have a friend that talks about a game quite a lot and spends a lot of time on it? :confused:

I don't get why it would be a problem, people talk about all sorts and enjoy talking about things that they're passionate about?

I'd leave him to it. Unless it's affecting his health. Just try inviting him out more and doing other things.

Last edited:
Soldato
Give it 10 years and he'll look this this... :p

southparkwow01.jpg

Associate
Wow oh wow.... Well i recently started playing and have the bug for it!

I'm married with an 8month old Daughter.... needless to say its put a little strain on our relation ship!

RE: op.... just telling him you dont give a *** about wow stop talking about it aor GTFO!!

P.S i made 2000gold 2nite ;)

I used to be mates with a guy who played battlefield for 12+ hrs a day and him and his missus were always breaking up and getting back together.

Was a shame since they had a little boy (he'll now be 5 or 6) who was basically ignored by his dad for a computer game.

I sure hope you don't head down the path he did as one day he's going to wake up and realise he's wasted so many years on a game when he could have been raising his son and building a future for his family.

Soldato
It's a game, not your life. It will be there when you get back, but your family/friends won't if you maintain obsessiveness over a game or choose a game over them.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah tbh, in general I see the people on these forums as quite well adjusted, obviously apart from some...

Well how old is this friend? I like wow as much as the next man and me and a couple of friends used to talk about it a bit, but then as you get older conversation matures and you find better things to talk about, or you dont, in which case note the wow southpark picture above ^^

Soldato
he said that he would rather play wow than have a girl friend

I don't know what to say...

Your friend needs urgent assistance.

However, +1 for just telling him when you've had enough WoW chat. Get it over and done with, have a quick conversation about it if needs be and move on.

I played WoW from original to end of TBC for around 2 years. It seems that you have to be in with WoW people to talk about it. I haven't played in over 2 years and if any of my online friends start trying to talk to me about it I instantly tell them to politely do one or tell someone that cares.

Also:

I am an ex craft addict, i never liked talking about it in public. I remeber going to the pub with a new person that started work, he found out i played and spent the evening saying things like he is off to the bar to 'mana up', was the 1st and last time i went to pub with him!

This made me laugh. I also remember a time back when I was playing. One of my friends had recently bought it to trial and I had a few conversations with him about it as you do. We were all out with our mates in real life raiding the cinema for epics and I (like most people) didn't ever make a habit of talking about it outside of the game/online.

Anyway, we were all sat there waiting for ads/trailers/films and I said to him something like "This is so boring, why are we even here, lets go home and play WoW" with heavy sarcasm.

At this point some uber greasy nerd turns around from his seat infront of us and tried to spark conversation about him overhearing us and being a wow player himself. He proceeded to talk at us until the trailers about how many characters he had, his guild and general BS about the game. My friends and I sat there in disbelief. The guy even had a GF (if you could call it that) who he even joked to us about her being annoyed for him playing the game. She did not look best pleased. His friend next to him also played, which was of real interest to my friends and I...

Needless to say it was a very strange experience and it taught me some severe lessons about life and not talking about Warcraft in public...EVER! :D

Last edited:
Associate
either that or the next time he looks like he's going to go into one about wow start talking about a knitting or some thing and just keep going on and on about it, when he gets fed up and tells you to knock it off just tell him thats whats it like for you listening to him blather on about wow.

Associate
I am an ex craft addict, i never liked talking about it in public. I remeber going to the pub with a new person that started work, he found out i played and spent the evening saying things like he is off to the bar to 'mana up', was the 1st and last time i went to pub with him!

What a hero, I'm stealing mana up

Back
Top Bottom