• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX560 PCB and reference cooler pictures

Associate
How low can they go!

Depending on the price/performance of these 560s, I may instead just get a 460 on the cheap and OC it like crazy :)

OCuk are currently doing a deal on the MSI ATI Radeon HD 5850 Twin FrozR II for £129.99 and I will be upgrading the GPU of my bedroom gaming rig soon. I'm on a tight budget of around £130 but can't decide between 5850 or the GTX 460.

Is there a chance that the price of the GTX 460 will drop further when the GTX 560 comes out?

Soldato
OCuk are currently doing a deal on the MSI ATI Radeon HD 5850 Twin FrozR II for £129.99 and I will be upgrading the GPU of my bedroom gaming rig soon. I'm on a tight budget of around £130 but can't decide between 5850 or the GTX 460.

Is there a chance that the price of the GTX 460 will drop further when the GTX 560 comes out?

Always a chance, but we are probably looking at post launch prices by a few sites that have jumped the gun.

Associate
Out of curiosity, is this likely to perform better than the 470? I somehow doubt it but at base clock speeds, I am curious what they're aiming for...

from what i read around net,560 will be close to 570,470 can be easily trashed by properly overcklocked 460,so yes,i think 560 will be better than 470

Associate
if it can beat/match the 6950 with the 560 in power and performance, but for 200 we have a winner.

though the 6950 can be unlocked.

yes,it can,but for more money
probably first week or so 560 wont have good prices,but then it will be business as usual - price wars - which is good for us customers

Permabanned
A beefed up GTX 460 with 384 shaders and a possible 1050 Mhz overclock?

Whats not to like =D

I canceled my sandybridge upgrade but I really will take two of these if the price is right.

Associate
A beefed up GTX 460 with 384 shaders and a possible 1050 Mhz overclock?

Whats not to like =D

I canceled my sandybridge upgrade but I really will take two of these if the price is right.

Can i ask why you canceled SB upgrade?Coz i am thinking to do it,since i sold my system

Permabanned
Can i ask why you canceled SB upgrade?Coz i am thinking to do it,since i sold my system

Because I already have a 4 Ghz I7 920 and a Rampage III Extreme? :p I ordered it purely on impulse and dont actually need it, and I dont want to downgrade my mobo so much.

If you already sold your system and need a new one, then you probably need the upgrade more than I did.

I dont even need the GTX 560s, but I doubt I'll have enough self control to stop myself from getting them. I'll try and wait for some nice offers or price cuts this time though.

All this sandybridge and GTX 560 stuff has me going mad. I want, I want, I want :(

Soldato
Because I already have a 4 Ghz I7 920 and a Rampage III Extreme? :p I ordered it purely on impulse and dont actually need it, and I dont want to downgrade my mobo so much.

If you already sold your system and need a new one, then you probably need the upgrade more than I did.

I dont even need the GTX 560s, but I doubt I'll have enough self control to stop myself from getting them. I'll try and wait for some nice offers or price cuts this time though.

All this sandybridge and GTX 560 stuff has me going mad. I want, I want, I want :(

Sound like me mate. I WANT but there is nowt wrong with what I have. Just like playing with new stuff.

Permabanned
Yea, paid £180 for my 460s, and I'd get around £100 for each now?

Please brain, think before going crazy impulsive again, I should take my meds before ordering and wait 10 minutes lol.

I want the 560s, but I'd lose so much on my 460s that it wouldnt be worth it one bit. I should at least wait for the 28 nm stuff thats due at the end of the year, and also the next CPU die shrink too. I'll probably still get the same amount then for my current gear.

I've already chugged through an E8400, I7 920, 3850s / 4850s / 4870s / 5770s / GTX 460s.

The current stuff I have has depreciated in value the most, the ATI mid range cards sold near enough to what I had initially paid for them, and one 4870 died and I got given a full refund.

But this time I would be losing £80 per GTX 460.

Last edited:
Associate
Always a chance, but we are probably looking at post launch prices by a few sites that have jumped the gun.

Hmm, I may end up just getting a gtx 460 due the current low prices and then pick up another one for SLI later when I need the extra headroom - hopefully should work out to being one of the best bang for the Buck at around £130.

Back
Top Bottom