So the test driving begins - TT RS!

OcUK Staff
OP
His point was that he is going to get comparably better mpg on said 65/70 mph cruise than with his evo.

His point just got lost in a load of other stuff i think :)

As you say, extra urban isn't sat at 65mph on cruise.

Yeah thats what I mean, sorry if I caused confusion, I meant as in one could possibly see 45MPG on a long run on the motorway at legal speeds with very light throttle inputs. :)

As an overall average I suspect from a TT RS I'd see circa 24-30MPG, as the EVO returns 17-22MPG typically. :)

Man of Honour
As normal I scanned the thread, didn't perhaps get the context. For clarity I expect it to give better consumption to your Evo, I appreciate if you drive like the pope you might see late 30's even 40's, but across the range all that is pish as across the ownership cycle I would expect mid 20's to late 20's to be realistic and that is afterall the REAL petrol cost, the rest being spot costs at a time and day.

Associate
Out of interest, how come you didn't like your 996 911?

had a 911 (2004 - 996) Anniversary with 350 bhp upgrade etc etc - it just felt too bouncy and fragile - too fussy - I did 22,000 miles in 8 months in it, and then finally sold it.

The day after it went - it blew up!

Luckily (for the buyer) we had OPC Warranty and they sorted it - we were glad to help.

This Spyder, however is sooooooooo nice to drive and with the PDK and paddles - its just bloody mental!

I LOVE IT

As for the roof - its not really faf - thats the price you pay for driving such a sexy/exclusive and bloody fast car IMHO - if you want to be cosseted and bathed in total luxury experience - buy something else - but if you just want fun fun fun and are prepared for the 2 min of faffing with the roof (which will be permanently down once we get drier weather) - then it is a blast.

Having had soft tops for over 13 years - to me its no faf.

It our daily drive (apart from the bike) so we will learn to live with the hardship!
khushy

Man of Honour
had a 911 (2004 - 996) Anniversary with 350 bhp upgrade etc etc - it just felt too bouncy and fragile - too fussy - I did 22,000 miles in 8 months in it, and then finally sold it.

The day after it went - it blew up!

Luckily (for the buyer) we had OPC Warranty and they sorted it - we were glad to help.

This Spyder, however is sooooooooo nice to drive and with the PDK and paddles - its just bloody mental!

I LOVE IT

As for the roof - its not really faf - thats the price you pay for driving such a sexy/exclusive and bloody fast car IMHO - if you want to be cosseted and bathed in total luxury experience - buy something else - but if you just want fun fun fun and are prepared for the 2 min of faffing with the roof (which will be permanently down once we get drier weather) - then it is a blast.

Having had soft tops for over 13 years - to me its no faf.

It our daily drive (apart from the bike) so we will learn to live with the hardship!
khushy

When you've done 20K miles in a 6 GT3 in 14 months you can tell me about being rock, you're still gay! ;):D

Back
Top Bottom