Peaceful, immersive game with beautiful graphics ?

Associate
Not really peaceful games but the two mass effects have nice graphics. The citadel in the first game was quite beautiful and some of the dlc for the second one were also really nice looking. Probably not what you are looking for though :) I'm not sure if there is something like the ps3 game flower available for the pc.

Associate
Not really peaceful games but the two mass effects have nice graphics. The citadel in the first game was quite beautiful and some of the dlc for the second one were also really nice looking. Probably not what you are looking for though :) I'm not sure if there is something like the ps3 game flower available for the pc.

Yeah the mass effect games do look very nice and run real nice coz they use the unreal engine 3. Good suggestion.

Associate
Try something from the city builder genre

Tropico 3 and Anno 1404 have pretty graphics, people die in them but for the majority of the time youre just looking after your people and you can play at a snails pace.

I've also been on the lookout for some new games like this...
Which one would you recommend? Anno 1404 or Tropico 3, they both look good and i'd like to download one of them.

Soldato
Another vote for GTA IV. Forget shooting down and blowing up the gaff. Dress up nicely, get in a convertible and take a slow cruise around the city playing some good tunes. I do it all the time.

Soldato
If you want peaceful and immersive, then Wurm Online (an MMO) is pretty great. The main goal is to survive the world.

It is not the prettiest of games, but when looking over the landscape it sure has its moments.

Its also free to play up to skill levels 20 - so trying it out won't break the bank.

Caporegime
I'd give Minecraft a shout, I'm very picky with how games look and I've reallly fallen in love with it.

I quite often just watch the sun (which is a block :D ) rise from a nice spot, sad yeah I know.

GTA IV in full flow, walking through the City is stunning as is Mafia II in much the same respect. I'd also put WoW out there, if you just want to watch the world go by, sit in a capital city with things on high and just watch people mingle.

(I'm often playing more then one game or have a game open so I end up watching things pass by in games, I've never really got fed up of watching the world pass me by virtually in those games, WoW is funny because you see some really daft stuff happen and much the same for GTA IV when people randomly get ran over or chased by the police)

Soldato
Can you put FSX on total noob mode though and say install these mods get it looking awesome and have it so you can plug in a xbox pad and press x to speed up and use the analog to just potter about?

Soldato
Can you put FSX on total noob mode though and say install these mods get it looking awesome and have it so you can plug in a xbox pad and press x to speed up and use the analog to just potter about?

Hmmm I dont know about an Xbox controller (its a good question!) but it would be more fun to tool around in a fighter jet or something. Screaming thru valleys at low level and such :D

Soldato
Mafia 2. Dont do any of the gangstery crap. Just wander around a beautiful city, have a look in a few shops, take a stroll through a snow drenched park and watch the people walk past as time passes by, go to a bar and have a nice drink, get a car and take a casual drive next to the harbour, beat up a tramp, stand next to the pier and watch the reflections in the water.

For some reason this had me in stitches. :D
Same league as;

Appreciate some Rembrandt,
Listen to some Mozart,
Bludgeon someone to death with a *****,
Eat some foie gras..

Back
Top Bottom