• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How do I claim my Zotac Warranty?

Associate
My GTX 570 is broken and I'd like to receive a new one or get refunded.

I've gone through the Warranty Manager and received a ticket number, what's that for?

Associate
OP
In the first year of ownership, you should be able to go through the shop you bought it from. Try that.

Can a shop find out if it's been overclocked? I don't see how they could because I can't get past POST with this card.

I've overvolted it but only to 1.083 V

Soldato
I doubt they would know. The clock speed is dependent on the software you used, e.g. if I was to overclock using Afterburner and then decided to uninstall it, the overclock settings wouldn't be saved so the card would go back to stock speeds. So if the shop was to test it, they wouldn't know that you overclocked it.

Associate
OP
Well then the only reason the shop would have to deny me a replacement is because I signed up for the warranty late then?

Zotac says you only get your warranty if you register your product within 2 weeks and I only did this after 4 weeks.

Associate
I doubt they would know. The clock speed is dependent on the software you used, e.g. if I was to overclock using Afterburner and then decided to uninstall it, the overclock settings wouldn't be saved so the card would go back to stock speeds. So if the shop was to test it, they wouldn't know that you overclocked it.

They would if they read threads like this ;)

Well then the only reason the shop would have to deny me a replacement is because I signed up for the warranty late then?

Zotac says you only get your warranty if you register your product within 2 weeks and I only did this after 4 weeks.

The shop shouldn't deny you from anything regardless of registration which is to qualify for the extended warranty of 5 years. 570's are brand new and the retailer/supplier should handle the warranty for the first 2 years for Zotac cards. They are then usually forwarded to us for testing etc. If however they are being extremely difficult we can handle the warranty but as said for a newly released card the supplier/retailer should be doing this for you.

Done mine the day I received them

Good man! :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks Craig, that sounds great.

So all I need to do is fill out the RMA form, process the request with technical support and send it off, when they get it, they should send me a replacement?

Associate
OP
Will they replace it even though I'm missing one of the 2 manuals and don't have the 1 adapter it came with any more?

Associate
thanks Craig, that sounds great.

So all I need to do is fill out the RMA form, process the request with technical support and send it off, when they get it, they should send me a replacement?

I'm not sure of the supplier's exact process but yes I assume so. A replacement would be issued upon failure during testing.

Will they replace it even though I'm missing one of the 2 manuals and don't have the 1 adapter it came with any more?

A lot of people can be confused by this, when making a return under warranty for a replacement you should only ever send back the product itself. No manuals, adapters, power supplies etc etc any extra equipment needed will be held at the test centre.

The only time you would need to keep full packaging etc is if you wished to return the item under DSR.

Back
Top Bottom