Report/MI/BI Writers

Soldato
OP

Nice to meet you.

Is this something you do for a living? If so what is your average day like?

I writing reports and analyzing data is something I've been doing for a while now (Love It)... However, this is just a part of what I do at work.

Thank in advance.

Im thinking this should be moved to the general section.

Associate
this is what i do also

currently spending 75% of my time completely revamping the entire reporting Library
(requirements Phase atm)

starting to build up a Warehouse (more like specific KPI / MI Databases)

Average Day involves writing Lots of SQL, Reacting to Last minute requests (very annoying), generating Data i deem to be fairly useless, whilst trying to push data i think would be useful.

Soldato
I'm a report writer too. Mostly writing things in SAS and SQL with a few in-house tools to output to word and excel.
Usually writing to a non-existant spec on a stupidly tight deadline.

Soldato
OP
Nice... Thought I was the only one for a while.

I currently hadly all report for my employer. Its the one part of my job that I like.

Currently use an MI tool called Impromptu from Cognos. I also use SQL Analyzer.

Hamish, I've been looking into SAS for a few months now. Would love to have a reason to use it. Its a shame as our firm isnt that huge (only two offices). So our current MI tools are satisfactory.

What are the SAS products like?

Soldato
OP
this is what i do also

currently spending 75% of my time completely revamping the entire reporting Library
(requirements Phase atm)

starting to build up a Warehouse (more like specific KPI / MI Databases)

Average Day involves writing Lots of SQL, Reacting to Last minute requests (very annoying), generating Data i deem to be fairly useless, whilst trying to push data i think would be useful.

I can sometimes experience days like this.

I'm thinking about looking for a more DATA orientated role. Where the production of reports would be my sole purpose... day in... day out!

Back
Top Bottom