A thank/reputation system on the forum...

Soldato
Well.. careful there.

The free postage is apparently not so free due to certain price increases or so I read in another thread :p.

no way, I specced my mate a system earlier and I did the whole "free delivery" thing cos im cool on the forums and stuff :cool: what's going to happen now? I may have to look at this thread.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Free postage is still there but RM will take their sweet ass time delivering it to you even though it's 1st class. I know because I ordered mid last week and my item came today!

Soldato
I sense a 'people power' revolt going on, quick dons squash it Iranian style. :p

As OcUK pay for this forum as a helpful tech addon do any of us have an ounce of sway to make 'this' and 'that' happen. I think not.

If it ain't broke etc, and to those moaning about surfing the forums on your mobile, GTFO your mobile you sad people.

Permabanned
2eobl7o.jpg

Caporegime
But many people here are rude and don't bother saying thanks.

Instead they will say something like "ah right ok" or "I will bookmark that page".

Many are guilty of not replying anything at all.

Rage.
So people that dont post thanks will be the same people captured by a thank system? I dont think so...

Just take any postive/neutral acknowledgement to your post as one that has at least been read and warranted a reply - thats near enough ;)

If peoples egos are so brittle then seek professional help than a vB upgrade :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Man of Honour
Spie uses a dartboard and a copious amount of good booze when choosing the mods and admins.
It's the only possible explanation for my position:p

That would also explain Thundy's promotion
And mine :(

What value is a Rep system? Won't it just get used for back patting within cliques?

Are there cliques outside GD and Motors?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What would be a great addition to the forum is if we could delete our own posts.

This won't (might not :p) work though, it would be as luls as a Facebook trolling run:

1: Wait for a friend to update their status to something that looks like it will get lots of replies
2: Post a reply quickly and make sure it is trolling, but not too obvious, just enough to spark rage :p
3: Wait for a reply to your post then delete your post, now it looks like the reply of rage is aimed at Op.
4: Profit???

Edit*

On PCGamer UK forums you had the ability to delete your ow threads but if the thread had replies then only your Op would be deleted. Queue many replies about WTF is going on because on the thread listing the Op was listed as the 2nd post in the thread (now the 1st).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom