Gillette really do make the bloody best razors

Permabanned
I don't use manual razers they always cut my face to bits. Now I'm just using a cheap £30 electric razor, it's not great but at least it doesn't cut me. :(

Soldato
I changed to a merkur etc and it is a great shave. I have only cut myself once when first starting with it. So sharp I didn't feel it but jesus it was bleeding for about 45 mins had to use a facecloth to soak up the bleeding I tried anti perspirant after that on the cut and finally it stopped bleeding. Epic wake up call. Now have a whitch stick :D

Man of Honour
Everyone's saying how good these Merkur razors are but I have 2 questions..

1. How quickly does it take to shave compared to a mach 3 ?
2. These don't look as safe, how likely am I to shred my face when I'm in a hurry ?

MW

I was in a rush to get to work tonight so managed to get it done and dusted within 10mins no problem, and I cut myself and cause myself a lot less irritation with a DE saftery razor than I ever did with one of the multi bladed toys

Soldato
If the multi-blades boondoggles work for you and you can afford it carry on, but not for me anymore, unless of course I need a shaver for carry on luggage when flying. ;)

Hmm I brought my merkur to cyprus along with spare blades - in my carry on luggage. I take it that was a bad idea as the blades counted as sharp objects?

Associate
I currently use this http://wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showroom/classic

Is there any real difference between this and the Merkur razors? Surely it's just a stick that holds a razor blade?

Don't say that too loud as someone here will cut your throat. :D

Hahaha - that's exactly right... "ooooh Merkur sooo special" A razor is only as good as the sharpness of its edge :D

Which is apparently a pack of 100 blades for £8 - China's best!

Soldato
Damn this thread, I've been bitching to the wife this weekend about the price of disposables and this thread tipped me over the edge. Merkur 34chD ordered. I've bought a selection of blades to see how that affects the shave too.

Permabanned
anyone who makes razors which use DE blades, are supremely better than any POS from Gillette, getting a merkur was the best thing in the world! oh and I pay about 20p a blade, how much do you pay OP?

Man of Honour
I liked Fusion Power at first, but found that it got blocked up too easily because the blades are so close together. Went back to Mach 3 and haven't thought of changing since.

Caporegime
Why do people keep saying the best razor is this Meuker thing?

Surely it is just the holder for a blade? What blades do you buy? most high street shops will only sell Wilkinson sword replacement blades.

Also I have used both and can honestly hand on heart say i Get a better cleaner, less bloody shave using a Mach 3 over a single bladed archaic steel blade holder

I have never tried the Fusion but would if it was priced better.

I've never ever used an electric shaver, i don't trust them tbh.. weird eh? lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom