No keyboard detected...

Associate
Hello,
I have a wierd issue that has been happening to me recently. My computer worked fine for months but when I got back from the week-end all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse are not detected anymore.

I get the no keyboard detected message during POST and when I get to the windows login screen I can't type or move the mouse. I tried unplugging my usb keyboard and mouse and putting in others port but nothing happens. I also reseted my BIOS and nothing changed as well. I'm running out of stuff to try.
Nothing works when using a USB to PS2 converter on my keyboard.

Some help would be appreciated

My MOBO is a P7P55D.

Associate
Have you tried different USB slots? Different Keyboard & Mouse? Just saying don't make drastic decisions so quickly, test it first : ) If NO keyboard is working then its probably your motherboard. Check to see in your intergrated devices tab in bios and see if the USB connections are enabled. Sorry silly things but you never know.

Associate
OP
yeah I tried every USB slot I have and none works. Did not try another mouse & keyboard but I tried mine on my gf's computer and it works perfectly. Also I can't get into the bios since I have no keyboard and even in the PS2 slot with a converter it doesn't work.

Anyway I already sent the MOBO for repair will see what happens.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom