Henry v Van Nistelrooy??

Soldato
muahahahahaha wot a night - people jumpin on the van nistelrooy bandwagon just cos he scored 2 again (even tho i will admit his 2nd goal was awesome.....

but my god, Thierry Heny - LEGEND. Responds with a hattrick away to Roma!!!! not 2 goals away to basle - a HATTRICK...away to ROMA

i think this settles all - Henry rules, Van Nistelrooy drools (a bit :p) :)

Hinch

Soldato
id like to say the purpose of this thread is wrong.....................................................but then i would be lying :D

yep henry showed the whole world how great he is against a good Italien team at their ground.

btw has rvn ever scored a hatrick in the champions league for man utd (im not being sacrastic btw i honestly dont know)

henry also has more goals then rvn in the CL, he has 25 rvn has 24 iirc

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Raul is an incredible player though so that kind of record has to be expected. Finishing wise, he is unbeatable. If he gets a chance, more often than not he scores it. If im honest, and im a big Thierry Henry fan, i reckon that he has to look at Raul and learn. For me, Raul is the best cos he is so consistent. He has been scoring goals for years and years and years and yet hardly anyone seems to know it!!!

But it could also be said, that when his confidence is high, Henry will put away every shot he has and is possibly the best around.

Hinch

Soldato
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
Raul is an incredible player though so that kind of record has to be expected. Finishing wise, he is unbeatable. If he gets a chance, more often than not he scores it. If im honest, and im a big Thierry Henry fan, i reckon that he has to look at Raul and learn. For me, Raul is the best cos he is so consistent. He has been scoring goals for years and years and years and yet hardly anyone seems to know it!!!

But it could also be said, that when his confidence is high, Henry will put away every shot he has and is possibly the best around.

Hinch

having great players give him chance after chance helps as well ;)

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Jazz
having great players give him chance after chance helps as well ;)

u as an arsenal fan (ive noticed in previous threads ;)) cannot tell me that arsenal dont have great players providing Henry with plenty of chances surely!!!!!! Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Ray Parl........forget i said him hes poo :p , Vieira - not bad players are they :)

Hinch

Permabanned
Originally posted by Jazz
id like to say the purpose of this thread is wrong.....................................................but then i would be lying :D

yep henry showed the whole world how great he is against a good Italien team at their ground.

btw has rvn ever scored a hatrick in the champions league for man utd (im not being sacrastic btw i honestly dont know)

henry also has more goals then rvn in the CL, he has 25 rvn has 24 iirc

I'm fairly sure RvN has got a CL hat-trick but I couldn't swear to it..

Anyway I have to say.. (and not aimed at you in particular Jazz) why does it have to be 'who is best' out of Henry and RvN? They are both outstanding strikers.. nuff said!

Man of Honour
I'd have to say i couldnt separate the two.

Henry is a better all rounder but I feel that RVN is better in certain areas than henry but henry is better all around.

However they are both great strikers and I honestly dont know which I would prefer in my team.

By the way there was a bit of a story awhile ago about henry not signing a new contract for arsenal yet ? if i remeber rightly which I probably am not his contract is up in the summer ?

If so there might be a bit of a scramble for his signature although I cant see him leaving arsenal

Can an arsenal fan clear this up ?

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gilly
Rather have a fit Ronaldo, Shevchenko or Kluivert. Possibly a fit Vieiri too.

He's not the best in the world. He's one of them.

I only agree with Ronaldo, I think Henry at his best is better than the others, maybe not for outright scoring, but he overall play and his ability to mke something out of nothing puts him ahead of virtually everyone in the world, for me anyway :)

Associate
I think they are both top drawer in their own ways.

Henry can create goals from nothing. Once he gets the ball and starts running at defences you always think he could get the ball in the net. His pace is Olympic 100m standard and he can get back and defend when needed as well (as he did at 1-3 yesterday).

RvN has much more of a physical presence and gets himself into the right place at the right time, hence the tap-ins.

I think RvN is more of a natural goalscorer, but Henry is the more complete player.

Then again, as a Gooner, I agree with Wenger.....I wouldn't swap Thierry for anyone else in the world:D

Back
Top Bottom