So who remembers Battle Realms?

Caporegime
You know how it is, I was sitting there staring at my gaming shelf trying to find something to play when my eyes fell on Battle Realms.

One of the most underrated RTS titles around imo, had some really unique ideas that set it apart from a lot of the competition, I loved the way that all units were trained up from a simple peasant and the water/rice mechanic worked really nicely.

A game I'd really like to see a sequel to on day, doubt it will ever happen though :(

Works on Windows 7 64bit with no problems :)

Did anyone else enjoy this little gem?

Associate
Yea, I used to have it and loved it as well! Thought the training up of the peasants was properly cool at the time, how they were different units depends on what combinations of buildings they trained in. Also the "Heros" or whatever they were called in it were amazing, I just have memories of a sumo wrestler haha

Caporegime
OP
I remember playing this a lot at lans we loved it at the time guessing there was no sequel then ?

Nope there was an expansion that added a new story (was pretty cool, better than the original one) and added a few more units and maps. Such a shame as it was a nice break from the build and rush RTS around at the time.

Associate
I remember the game, it was pretty good and also was one of the earliest 3d rts games. If I remember, the developers went on to create a Lord of the Rings rts game using the same engine/gameplay. The game was released during to coincide with the release of the first movie.

Back
Top Bottom