Dead Space 2 .

Soldato
Deleted Rage post :p Finished game now liked it wasn't a massive fan of the Zero G stuff but i wasn't in the first either, This had more variation though which is a good thing enemy i hated most had to be the baby creatures.

8/10 for me as a final rating

Last edited:
Caporegime
For some reason I just can't get into this. I'm also stuck on the part where that woman you meet is on a higher level, and you're in this little atrium type place, she's fending off enemies above and there's a brute in the room with you. The only problem is I have the Detonator which appears to be totally rubbish, and Plasma Cutter with only 12 rounds or so, what the hell am I meant to do?! :o

Also, so far I don't know what it is, but I just cannot get into the story at all, and up until now I think Dead Space has had not only a better story, but a better setting, I much preferred the Ishimura, maybe I should start this game again and pay more attention to the text logs and such.

Caporegime
I didn't read any of the text logs either. You can read or listen to them now. You don't need to restart.

Stasis the brute and look for the weak spots. Yellow is infected skin, always aim for yellow.

Just finished it, last 3 levels were **** in what was otherwise an excellent game. Fully powered up and 550k in the bank for a zealot run and weapons achieves mop ups.

Associate
For some reason I just can't get into this. I'm also stuck on the part where that woman you meet is on a higher level, and you're in this little atrium type place, she's fending off enemies above and there's a brute in the room with you. The only problem is I have the Detonator which appears to be totally rubbish, and Plasma Cutter with only 12 rounds or so, what the hell am I meant to do?! :o

Also, so far I don't know what it is, but I just cannot get into the story at all, and up until now I think Dead Space has had not only a better story, but a better setting, I much preferred the Ishimura, maybe I should start this game again and pay more attention to the text logs and such.

You'll probably find it hard to kill that brute with what weapons/ammo you have. Use stasis to slow the brute down and shoot the orange part on his shoulders, they are his weak points. There are some boxes and lockers in that room, so there is some ammo about, the hard part will be getting it while the brute is chasing you lol.

I love the Dead Space story, this is just a continuation of it. I have both the animated movies as well which help to fill in some gaps and side story :)

Caporegime
I found freezing the brute with stasis and going behind him to shoot the orange growth on his back helps best. It's quicker than shooting his arms off.

Tried it about a zillion times. My stasis doesn't last long enough on him for me to even get around to get a shot on his weak point. The stuff in the lockers is no good either, it keeps giving me a stasis recharge, a med pack and a few rounds for my Plasma Cutter. :(

Caporegime
Stasis recharge is exactly what you need then. You should be able to freeze him long enough if you keep hitting him with it. If your stasis isn't strong enough to hold him so you can get behind, you'll have to go for his arms.

Caporegime
Stasis recharge is exactly what you need then. You should be able to freeze him long enough if you keep hitting him with it. If your stasis isn't strong enough to hold him so you can get behind, you'll have to go for his arms.

No I mean it's the canister which you can only recharge with once. Like, I use the stasis that I carried into the fight, and then when that's run out I get the one recharge of it, no matter how many times I use it on him I can't run around to his back to shoot the weak points. Am I doing it wrong? :p :(

Soldato
Just finished it, last 3 levels were **** in what was otherwise an excellent game

Danny, i agree with that last 3 levels i found were the worst part of the game infact if i count dead space 1 levels they were worse than them too!

Soldato
Just finished it on the pc. Wouldn't say its better than the first but still loved it.

Went through the entire game with just the plasma cutter. Couldn't afford more than 1 weapon and to upgrade them with nodes... so I just focused on maxing out the cutter.

Wish there was more bosses in this game... and the bosses it does have, are all defeated the same way.

I give it a strong 7/10.

Caporegime
I've read the best way to do those later levels is with a force gun maxed out and just keep blowing them out the way. I'm going to try that on my zealot run.

The regenerator to me just feels like they couldn't come up with anything new necro wise so just lobbed that in again. The lack of any sort of boss fights is a bit dissapointing but the atmosphere was spot on again.

Looking forward to the 3rd one already. I just hope they don't do anything dumb and add co-op.

Back
Top Bottom