Anyone tried Firefox 4 Beta?

Soldato
On mine it currently has icons for adblock plus and firebug....dunno I've not actually messed with it that much, but it's in the addons chrome docs....

Soldato
I've not noticed any crashing problems...disable all your addons and try again? I have heard that even mild overclocks on graphics card can cause problems..

Soldato
Caporegime
I have gone back to chrome, just prefer the minimal UI, the way the add ons work on chrome, faster overall as well, although I think firefox renders the web pages quicker.

One thing, which I did love about FF 4 was the hardware acceleration thing or whatever it was, it was so smooth scrolling down web pages, especially the "high res screenshot thread" compared to chrome, hopefully chrome will get that part done as good as what mozilla has.

Didn't care too much about the grouping tabs things, although I can see how it would be very useful for some people, also its nice to see that they have got the pin tab feature as well.

Caporegime
Yeah I know that, there is a a wee bit more of actual web space compared to chrome, although I don't know if it was just me, but it wasn't a great difference in the size of the buttons between small and normal. Also I prefer the actual layout of chrome at the minute, but once twenty ten supports FF 4, then I will give it another go, twenty ten looks much better than chrome UI and the default FF4 IMO, really don't like that orange button either.

Also wish google would let you customize the actual buttons i.e. remove the back and forward as I don't need them, I use my 2 side buttons on my Mx518 for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if they have fixed the issue where it causes my UAC to hang for ages, Windows Media centre to take an decade to go to full screen, and a century for Task Manager to pop up.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If something appears broken then a new profile almost always fixes the problem in all release versions of FF.

Add -profilemanager to the FF shortcut's target ending to create a new profile.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It has been out for about a week now, just not made public until yesterday :p

One welcome change though is I found I can now add pinned items whereas in 3.6.x I could not as it would only show locally opened pages instead of online ones:

Untitled-1_5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom