Spec me a new MMO

Associate
cHk4, whenever you find the game that meets all of your requirements, please let me know! I have very much the same preferences as you do, but I think we won't find them satisfied in any MMORPG that is likely to come out in the next couple of years :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks all.

I remember Anaconda, had some good fights with you.

I was Tashohnie and I played Dragon. Have done several LFD recently on WoW and had people say hey did you used to play mir I remember you lol.

I think as someone has said maybe my MMO days are up for a bit :( I don't know in a limbo atm.

Associate
Looking down your list, I cannot think of any well known games you have not played, if you cannot find ANY that fit the bill, I'd either suggest that MMOs are not for you, you need to seriously find a good guild or some friends to play MMOs with, or that you should wait for the new releases (although the ones that may step outside the mould are still a way off yet).

There are some great indie MMOs out there if you go looking, depends how fussy you are about graphics, animations e.t.c.

You say you want PVP, and want to solo bosses, so why are you actually playing MMOs? There is much, much better pvp available in games like Heroes of Newerth, Starcraft 2 and any FPS. You say you want PVP, and yet turn your nose up at Darkfall, MO and EVE.

And then you say you want solo encounters, to the point where EVERTHING should be soloable? That game simply doesn't exist in the MMO universe. If you want that, your better off buying Two Worlds II or something.

To really answer your question, I need to know WHY you play MMOs, because I really can't figure it out. You don't seem to have any social ties like a guild or circle of friends, nor do you have a desire to have to encounter other people at all, so why MMOs?

Oh and also, you really need to give games more time, saying that a game got 'boring after a few hours' when it's an MMO is like looking at the main menu of a single player game and then passing judgement from there. I normally get to max level or 3 months gameplay in an MMO unless it is really so bad I cannot stomach it and then make a decision about whether I want to play it longer term. The only game I couldn't play for 3 months was FF14.

If you want a truly brilliant pvp MMO, pick up Planetside while you wait for PS2

Last edited:
Associate
I loved UO, have you played any of the free servers? There are some interesting custom shards out there if you look hard enough.

Associate
I loved UO, have you played any of the free servers? There are some interesting custom shards out there if you look hard enough.

One just opened yesterday with quite some hype around it, http://inporylem.com/ . Click Enter Britannia for simple instructions, and theres a guide there too. I've just tried it and theres a lot of players on, brit bank is packed.

Its based around T2A era with some new features and enhancements. US based but lag doesn't feel bad. Haven't tested properly tho

Associate
One just opened yesterday with quite some hype around it, http://inporylem.com/ . Click Enter Britannia for simple instructions, and theres a guide there too. I've just tried it and theres a lot of players on, brit bank is packed.

Its based around T2A era with some new features and enhancements. US based but lag doesn't feel bad. Haven't tested properly tho

I think Defiance UO is the best I've played in the UK, although I prefer sphere pvp and it's RunUO, but it's still very good.

Associate
You pretty much listed all the MMOs i've played, and some more.
Take a look at Dungeons and Dragons online. Since it went F2P it has become quite the hit. Although there is quite a bit of group content. I think.

Seems you enjoy PvP, might be worth having a look at League of Legends. It isn't a MMO as such but it's purly online with other people. It is essentially a high-quality DotA.

Have a look through http://www.mmorpg.com/ and read some of the articles and the big game list, might find something new to try at least.

Soldato
OP
Sorry but the idea of a MMO is that there are multiple players yes. However if the first few MMOs you experience are those that can be soloed then you can understand my thirst for this.

Single players do not have persistent player controlled environments, this is one feature I like about MMOs. I normally end up one of the richest players due to buying and selling this feature doesn't excist in a single MMO.
I like the idea of progressing with gear in a world with other players and again with this I normally end up with the best gear you can get, I like making players jealeous and envious of what I have.
I love confrontation and arguing, this I get from randomly PKing people. I've always been a relentless PKer and have always built up rep in those games where you can as a complete and utter (insert swear word) towards people and this I love. Nothing better than making someone nerd rage over them dropping items for me to take or stopping someone from leveling for hours because the only spot they can level in I take over.
I like being one of the worlds first regardless of that being me as an individual or my guild. Being a world first or world best in an online MMO is a good feeling. If you disagree then you haven't been at the top to understand.

The problem is my skill is higher than most people and when I group with people I just end up facepalming over stupid mistakes people make. I'm not one to tell people how to play as I'm not like that. It's also annoying having to rely on people to group up with. In Aion I was the 4th person on my server to hit 50. The closest person in my guild was about 44 at the time. I then had to wait 1 month + in order for the rest of the guild to catch up so I could actually do some content. This has happened over and over again as I fall in to the small minority of players who reach the end game very quick and therefore my options are not really wide.

This is why I want a MMO not a single player RPG. Again if you've not played UO/Legend Of Mir 2/Rangarok Online where you can solo almost everything then you won't understand. When I say solo everything I don't mean easily I mean some fights could take a hour + to solo in a party you're looking at 5 mins. So I guess it was more of a challenge.

Wernt pinney or something like that the PKER were you? :p

He was a legend, liked him a lot. I remember countless hours PKing with him in BC and recall PKing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry but the idea of a MMO is that there are multiple players yes. However if the first few MMOs you experience are those that can be soloed then you can understand my thirst for this.

Single players do not have persistent player controlled environments, this is one feature I like about MMOs. I normally end up one of the richest players due to buying and selling this feature doesn't excist in a single MMO.
I like the idea of progressing with gear in a world with other players and again with this I normally end up with the best gear you can get, I like making players jealeous and envious of what I have.
I love confrontation and arguing, this I get from randomly PKing people. I've always been a relentless PKer and have always built up rep in those games where you can as a complete and utter (insert swear word) towards people and this I love. Nothing better than making someone nerd rage over them dropping items for me to take or stopping someone from leveling for hours because the only spot they can level in I take over.
I like being one of the worlds first regardless of that being me as an individual or my guild. Being a world first or world best in an online MMO is a good feeling. If you disagree then you haven't been at the top to understand.

The problem is my skill is higher than most people and when I group with people I just end up facepalming over stupid mistakes people make. I'm not one to tell people how to play as I'm not like that. It's also annoying having to rely on people to group up with. In Aion I was the 4th person on my server to hit 50. The closest person in my guild was about 44 at the time. I then had to wait 1 month + in order for the rest of the guild to catch up so I could actually do some content. This has happened over and over again as I fall in to the small minority of players who reach the end game very quick and therefore my options are not really wide.

This is why I want a MMO not a single player RPG. Again if you've not played UO/Legend Of Mir 2/Rangarok Online where you can solo almost everything then you won't understand. When I say solo everything I don't mean easily I mean some fights could take a hour + to solo in a party you're looking at 5 mins. So I guess it was more of a challenge.

He was a legend, liked him a lot. I remember countless hours PKing with him in BC and recall PKing.

Your sort of attitude is the reason I've grown to hate the majority of MMO players.Keyboard warriors who only have fun when they are griefing or showing off.Play minecraft.

Back
Top Bottom