i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

CSA

CSA

Associate
the side button on my G5 and LMB to shoot

i could never get into the WSAD thing back in the day as my arms felt like they where too far apart and it just felt uncomfy,so i bound some unconventional keys which felt comfy and ive use them ever since :D

admittedly its been fine apart from BF2 and BF2142, i have to use a txt edit on BF2 but could never get it right on 2142 so didnt play it :(

Soldato
the side button on my G5 and LMB to shoot

i could never get into the WSAD thing back in the day as my arms felt like they where too far apart and it just felt uncomfy,so i bound some unconventional keys which felt comfy and ive use them ever since :D

admittedly its been fine apart from BF2 and BF2142, i have to use a txt edit on BF2 but could never get it right on 2142 so didnt play it :(

That's strange, I couldn't play like that, would drive me up the wall.

CSA

CSA

Associate
You've been using the config longer than I've been playing PC games :o

I used to use the arrow keys, WASD was a bitch to get used to, but so worth it.

yeah im well set in my ways now , i did try WASD a few years back but changed it back after a few hours lol

Good luck with your campaign gareth,theres no real reason any pc game shouldnt have fully customizable controls its just the dev houses being lazy

Associate
Thanks Gareth for making me miss the entire Ireland v France Rugby game! I got so engrossed in reading this thread, interviews etc that I missed it completely.

I was watching Emmerdale the other night with the wife, and reading this thread about you, reminded me of Jackson on it, In a chair,paralyzed from the neck down. I said to the wife at the time, Im not sure I could live with myself in that situation. Now. After reading all this. I realize how stupid I was thinking that. I have no idea how I missed this thread first time round, but I am defiantly keeping an eye on it!

I must say, like many before me in this thread, You are a complete inspiration, A legend and I hope it makes other people put their problems into perspective. It makes my own issue feel like its a mild cold. I Hope you keep it up and keep fighting for what you believe in! The one thing I take from this Gareth is, Nothing is impossible!

Good luck with the future, and Well done on the well deserved goodies!

AndyPants

Soldato
yeah very true mate

still would be a feature for everybody to custom it as they want

Yeah it would be nice, I'm fortunate enough to have got accustomed to WASD and the pretty much standard controls nowadays and when a game switched around the use key, reload key and flashlight key between 3 or 4 keys depending on the game and stuff like that it's not an issue for me to get used to. Does take a few minutes to get used to some games after I've been playing something else though.

So for people with disabilities it is really needed but for everyone else it's more of a nice thing to have. I am also of the opinion that there's no reason to limit key bindings so if they'd just done that there'd be no problem here.

can someone explain briefly what's happened with this thread? i've got the initial problem and what started to happen shortly after the thread was made but that's it. i see people saying how amazing it is the thread has gone this far and the stuff/people who've contacted gareth but i don't understand what's actually happened.

many thanks

Soldato
can someone explain briefly what's happened with this thread? i've got the initial problem and what started to happen shortly after the thread was made but that's it. i see people saying how amazing it is the thread has gone this far and the stuff/people who've contacted gareth but i don't understand what's actually happened.

many thanks

This whole issue has gotten on to massive websites like Reddit simply because of the people on this forum and the links within. This has now been recognized by lots of people, a petition that has been going for a long time has just picked up nearly 20k sigs in about a week I believe. This is just the start, game devs may actually begin to include fully customizable controls in all games. :)

Soldato
Well I'm fully up to speed again since the last time I read this thread on Friday morning. Enjoyed the interview and nice to see you got some cool swag to boot. Here's hoping that Devs have read the interview - and along with Chuck taking the petition to PAX - now have the message about re-mappable controls in all games.

@rotter023 AKA Helios - I'm sure you'll spread the word around Codies ;)

The petition is also nearing 40,000 :eek: last time I looked it was 37k, Chuck must ecstatic, however I'm sure he and Gareth would be happier if they were able to play games the way they wanted to.

Soldato
I've just checked when PAX actually takes place. 11th - 13th of March ... well I've got a busy weekend ahead of me with this thread and the F1 season starting :D You better be posting plenty of updates Chuck :p

Associate
Took me over an hour too read your thread Gareth m8 very touching to say the least and i admire you .Your Toshiba mouse looks the same setup as the logitech G500 maybe another option down the road ?

Ps If things don,t progress i am more than happy to make a donation to your cause so your comfy playing Dead space 2 or whatever game

cheers for the classic read i had everyone

Back
Top Bottom