Spec me a new MMO

Associate
Your sort of attitude is the reason I've grown to hate the majority of MMO players.Keyboard warriors who only have fun when they are griefing or showing off.Play minecraft.

but then again each their own, but then again i dont really care about other people outside the guild im in, in a MMO just wanna have a laugh and thats all :o

Soldato
OP
Your sort of attitude is the reason I've grown to hate the majority of MMO players.Keyboard warriors who only have fun when they are griefing or showing off.Play minecraft.
Keyboard warriors? Hardly I'm the same in real life as I am in game.

Yes I enjoy griefing people, it's great fun. Most carebears dislike griefers. It's the carebear high horse players that turned me in to what I am today.

If you like PvP perhaps try Warhammer Online?

Tried it mate and didn't really like it.

Soldato
OP
I'm 22 stone 6 foot 3 and I like fighting hence I train BJJ/Thai boxing and power lift... So yea, I act much the same in real life as I do in game. I love confrontation. Anyway my attitude in games doesn't really matter. This is a topic about me finding a new MMO. If you haven't got anything constructive to say why post?

Last edited:
Soldato
I normally end up one of the richest players
I like making players jealeous and envious of what I have.
I love confrontation and arguing, this I get from randomly PKing people. I've always been a relentless PKer
Nothing better than making someone nerd rage over them dropping items for me to take or stopping someone from leveling for hours because the only spot they can level in I take over.

The problem is my skill is higher than most people

cHk4 haven't laughed so much since watching that dead space 2 opening box vid

Permabanned
One just opened yesterday with quite some hype around it, http://inporylem.com/ . Click Enter Britannia for simple instructions, and theres a guide there too. I've just tried it and theres a lot of players on, brit bank is packed.

Its based around T2A era with some new features and enhancements. US based but lag doesn't feel bad. Haven't tested properly tho
I miss playing UO on the free servers in the UK, i had the best MMO experiences of my life playing on MPZ.UO, Deus Ovis on Jolt and Lothlorien on Wireplay. Every recent MMO just feels less than compared to playing UO other than LOTRO there isnt one MMO that ive subscribed past the free 30 days you get, i didnt even play full 30 days for startrek after 2 weeks i got bored.

Soldato
OP
wow I'm impressed , have you considered Hello Kitty Online ?

Sorry the comment was not suppose to cause people to get their heckles up. It only normally gets to those who are not good at games.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry but the idea of a MMO is that there are multiple players yes. However if the first few MMOs you experience are those that can be soloed then you can understand my thirst for this.

Single players do not have persistent player controlled environments, this is one feature I like about MMOs. I normally end up one of the richest players due to buying and selling this feature doesn't excist in a single MMO.
I like the idea of progressing with gear in a world with other players and again with this I normally end up with the best gear you can get, I like making players jealeous and envious of what I have.
I love confrontation and arguing, this I get from randomly PKing people. I've always been a relentless PKer and have always built up rep in those games where you can as a complete and utter (insert swear word) towards people and this I love. Nothing better than making someone nerd rage over them dropping items for me to take or stopping someone from leveling for hours because the only spot they can level in I take over.
I like being one of the worlds first regardless of that being me as an individual or my guild. Being a world first or world best in an online MMO is a good feeling. If you disagree then you haven't been at the top to understand.

The problem is my skill is higher than most people and when I group with people I just end up facepalming over stupid mistakes people make. I'm not one to tell people how to play as I'm not like that. It's also annoying having to rely on people to group up with. In Aion I was the 4th person on my server to hit 50. The closest person in my guild was about 44 at the time. I then had to wait 1 month + in order for the rest of the guild to catch up so I could actually do some content. This has happened over and over again as I fall in to the small minority of players who reach the end game very quick and therefore my options are not really wide.

This is why I want a MMO not a single player RPG. Again if you've not played UO/Legend Of Mir 2/Rangarok Online where you can solo almost everything then you won't understand. When I say solo everything I don't mean easily I mean some fights could take a hour + to solo in a party you're looking at 5 mins. So I guess it was more of a challenge.

He was a legend, liked him a lot. I remember countless hours PKing with him in BC and recall PKing.

Ok so your a no life grinder, so you probably want something Korean, and something that hasn't been released yet so there is a population already at max level, I can't really help you there.

Your also some really sad griefer (seriously, get a life) in which case I would recommend Darkfall, because of all the hardcore pvp games I know, this is the grindiest by far.

Perhaps you should try multiple games? A korean grinder for grinding, and a pvp game like heroes of newerth or starcraft 2, because in those games you are going to able to show off these super awesome skills you claim to have to a much better extent than in just about any MMO because the skill cap is exceptionally low compared to the two mentioned games.

However my first recommendation would be to take a long hard look at yourself, and think about why your sole source of enjoyment is by winding people up, what is lacking in your real life that makes you act like that online? (although I can probably guess)

Associate
Sorry the comment was not suppose to cause people to get their heckles up. It only normally gets to those who are not good at games.

If you would be so kind as to link me your account stats for some games with a high skill cap so we can see how good you are then? And thus, MMOs dont count, because being good at an MMO requires a very marginal amount of skill, but a very high amount of time.

Soldato
OP
Ok so your a no life grinder, so you probably want something Korean, and something that hasn't been released yet so there is a population already at max level, I can't really help you there.
I work Mon-Fri, I train most evenings so that gets rid of the no life grinder, however with that said if it's a new game then I will juggle around my time so I can hammer the game.
Your also some really sad griefer (seriously, get a life) in which case I would recommend Darkfall, because of all the hardcore pvp games I know, this is the grindiest by far.
Why do I need to get a life? Because you choose a different path to you and play that role in a role playing game? So you automatically think I need to get a life? Sorry games should not include PvP if they didn't want people who PvP to play them. There are servers for carebears they are non PvP servers, players who wish to receive no grief should play on them. Darkfall is a bit of a grind I agree but with macros etc it gets rid of the grind. Everyone macros and to keep up you really need to macro. Player who played early game have a huge advantage due to being able to level up skills in ways in which you can't now. I just couldn't get in to it either due to the small player base.
Perhaps you should try multiple games? A korean grinder for grinding, and a pvp game like heroes of newerth or starcraft 2, because in those games you are going to able to show off these super awesome skills you claim to have to a much better extent than in just about any MMO because the skill cap is exceptionally low compared to the two mentioned games.
I try to do that but I can't really do jack of all trades master of none so to speak. I never said I have super awesome skill I just claimed to have a higher skill level than most average players which is true.

However my first recommendation would be to take a long hard look at yourself, and think about why your sole source of enjoyment is by winding people up, what is lacking in your real life that makes you act like that online? (although I can probably guess)
I always get people taking the personal route when discussing things like this and it does make me laugh. You say I need to take a look at my self yet you're the one who seems to like getting things personal first. As I've stated before it's the carebear high horse players that have made me the way I am. I used to be nice in MMOs but I see the same traits game in game out so I just play the way I play.
I'm lacking nothing in life actually, I'm very happy with things I just like arguing and debate as to be fair it's one of the few things in life that actually stimulate my brain. It's normally those who preach and say people need to take a look in the mirror that are reflecting on their own traits so maybe you should take some of your own advice.

If you would be so kind as to link me your account stats for some games with a high skill cap so we can see how good you are then? And thus, MMOs dont count, because being good at an MMO requires a very marginal amount of skill, but a very high amount of time.
As you said about Starcraft 2 being one of the games which required skill when I played that I was a Diamond level player, which again being in the top league out of 5 leagues shows I'm above the average player in terms of skill.

-edit-
MMOs require skill, it's very ignorant to say that MMOs require marginal amount of skill. Again I guess if you haven't been top level in this then you wouldn't know. People are ignorant when it comes to things they do not know/understand.

Last edited:
Associate
-edit-
MMOs require skill, it's very ignorant to say that MMOs require marginal amount of skill. Again I guess if you haven't been top level in this then you wouldn't know. People are ignorant when it comes to things they do not know/understand.

I won't bother with the rest of the post, I thought you'd be easier to troll, but in regards to the last bit, MMOs really don't require skill, I have good experience of the end game in EQ2, Vanguard, WoW, LOTRO (doesn't really count) and right now I play darkfall and EVE. Out of those the only one that required any sort of skill was Darkfall for the combat, but even there, the fight has been predecided based on the progression of each character, assuming you dont have a chimpanzee playing the more progressed character. You seem to be talking about pve, because you really, really cannot argue that pvp in a game like WOW takes skill, and pve is just a case of not making mistakes, there is no tactics or reaction needed, and very rarely do you have to adapt to a changing environment.

Soldato
OP
I won't bother with the rest of the post, I thought you'd be easier to troll, but in regards to the last bit, MMOs really don't require skill, I have good experience of the end game in EQ2, Vanguard, WoW, LOTRO (doesn't really count) and right now I play darkfall and EVE. Out of those the only one that required any sort of skill was Darkfall for the combat, but even there, the fight has been predecided based on the progression of each character, assuming you dont have a chimpanzee playing the more progressed character. You seem to be talking about pve, because you really, really cannot argue that pvp in a game like WOW takes skill, and pve is just a case of not making mistakes, there is no tactics or reaction needed, and very rarely do you have to adapt to a changing environment.

I like trolling :)

I agree a lot of MMOs require little to no skill in PvP - however two people PvPing with the same kit, the one who has the better skill level will win 9/10. Yes RNG plays a huge factor but more times than not they will win. Agree with you in something like Darkfall does take a lot of skill to PvP - mainly due to it being a FPS with no auto aim at all and well something unique. I didn't realize I came across as talking about PvE as I couldn't really care about PvE side of things. I've been there and done that and it doesn't require skill just repetition of tactics.

Again I'm not saying all MMOs require huge amounts of skill to play, but there are those MMOs which do and they're the ones I love/have loved. Which is why I'm looking forward to TERA, active dodging and aiming is full of win.

Associate
Age of Conan/Aion/WoW/RF Online - I enjoyed all these for a period but didn't really like the fact everything had to be done ingroups.

If you're talking questing/grinding WoW is pretty much a solo experience these days. Most of the group quests are gone, and because now theres more of that 'phasing' and scripted stuff, half the time you dont even see anyone.

Associate
I like trolling :)

I agree a lot of MMOs require little to no skill in PvP - however two people PvPing with the same kit, the one who has the better skill level will win 9/10. Yes RNG plays a huge factor but more times than not they will win. Agree with you in something like Darkfall does take a lot of skill to PvP - mainly due to it being a FPS with no auto aim at all and well something unique. I didn't realize I came across as talking about PvE as I couldn't really care about PvE side of things. I've been there and done that and it doesn't require skill just repetition of tactics.

Again I'm not saying all MMOs require huge amounts of skill to play, but there are those MMOs which do and they're the ones I love/have loved. Which is why I'm looking forward to TERA, active dodging and aiming is full of win.

Ok, but out of all the pvp fights you have had in a game, how many of them have been with some of exactly the same gear, point distribution, ping e.t.c. as you, 0.000001%, if that?

It's true, in a 1 vs 1 situation skill should be the deciding factor, but in MMOs there are so many other variables, talents, points, levels, gear e.t.c. that normally at least one will mean that the outcome will not exactly 50 50 assuming all other factors are the same. And that is without the RNG, which should not exist at all in a truely competitive situation, or it should at least be PRNG. That's why I like Darkfall, very little RNG and everyone plateaus after about a year of grinding so it's a fairly level playing field

I don't get why you don't like WoW though, extremely solo friendly, and people take the arenas disgusting seriously for some reason.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, but out of all the pvp fights you have had in a game, how many of them have been with some of exactly the same gear, point distribution, ping e.t.c. as you, 0.000001%, if that?
To have the exact same ping etc is impossible. Same gear fights have happened a lot yes. Gear wise sometimes I've been the underdog in gear, in a bit way and the underdog in level.

It's true, in a 1 vs 1 situation skill should be the deciding factor, but in MMOs there are so many other variables, talents, points, levels, gear e.t.c. that normally at least one will mean that the outcome will not exactly 50 50 assuming all other factors are the same. And that is without the RNG, which should not exist at all in a truely competitive situation, or it should at least be PRNG.
While I agree with you, the MMOs that I listed that I loved are different. They didn't really have talent trees or anything like that. It was just points and level. Again as I said before I've been the underdog in gears and levels and still have won more times than I've lost. Like you said RNG exists.... But does not every game have some form of RNG to determine damage done?
I don't get why you don't like WoW though, extremely solo friendly, and people take the arenas disgusting seriously for some reason.
Maybe I didn't write my OP down right at the start. It's not that I don't like WoW, I think it's a very good game but I just get bored of it after a few months. It's just missing something. You're right you can solo most things which is good but it just doesn't do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom