Games for Windows Live - Does anybody use this rubbish!?

Associate
GTA 4 was one of the most aggressively difficult, slow and buggy multi-play experiences ive had. The loads and signing in it was just a pain. Very slow and buggy. I find GFWL a nuisance and i do think 'meh' when i know something ill be playing has it.

GFWL is pretty much the WORST sweary

I'd star all of that out before a mod tans your hide :p

Soldato
I dont have a issue with it. Plus it's mint for pirates where u can use one gfwl key and enable mp in other games not just one u bought for the code. :p

The interface could be better i.e like steam instead of time consuming menus but thats fixable (if they get round to it). Idea is ok overall its just the way they did it that miffs ppl off i think if they just sat down and redesigned it for the pc userbase which i think its console based atm then it probs wouldnt be so bad to use.

Associate
I didn't have a problem beyond resenting being forced to log in to retrieve GTA IV save game data.

Until my account randomly borked, refusing to let me sign in.

It took 5 weeks and several email & phone exchanges telling me to reset various Windows settings before the estonian CS team were allowed (their phrase) to escalate the issue up the chain to fix whatever was wrong with the account. Nothing particulaly epic, just drawn out.

Not had a problem since, althoug every time I need to log in to GFWL I experience a moment of panic if the login is not immediate where I wonder if the problem has come back. For this reason, more than the issue itself, I try to avoid buying GFWL games if an alternative exists.

Soldato
I play Fallout 3, which is a Games for Windows Live game, never had any problems with anything to be honest. nice to have my GFWL achievements and xbox live achievements together as said above, it had absolutely no affect on my gaming experience on FO3, I started it up, signed into GFWL and played, simple as that...? :confused:

Associate
OP
I love how it doesn't keep my save game but still retrieves my profile every time I re-load the game.

I'm all for competition to Steam, but this isn't competition, in any way shape or form..

Associate
Really hate GFWL since you cant import/export save files for GTA IV. I dont want to have to play through the whole game after i reinstall so that i can mess around, let me use some 100% save from the internet please.

Really annoying that with some game you HAVE to use it. If it was completely optional it would be fine.

Associate
I hate games for windows live so much that my hatred prevents me from installing already bought games that come with it. Wish there was an option to not install anything related to games for windows live!

Soldato
Really suprised someone hasn't come in yet and said "it works fine for me, it's your fault"

what if they did? is it so hard to believe that not everyone universally hates it? don't get me wrong I don't really have an opinion on it, as I said before I use it with FO3 and as of this moment (touch wood) it has caused zero issues, other games that have worked alright are DOWII, GOW and Halo II. no problems with any of them, but yeah I have genuinely had no issues with it to date. only thing like this I have ever had a problem with is Stardock occationally, never figured out why either. :( personally the only real beef I have with Games for Windows Live is the lack of them, and no cross-platform gaming so I can't play Gears with my Xbox 360 using friend, would be a nice feature though I doubt its doable.

Associate
It's no worse than when Steam decides that it has to update your game by redownloading all 7gb again (arma 2) or when it constantly corrupts files, the way it trys to install graphics drivers for you and ****s it up, or when the servers get busy and it won't let you play your own games without restarting the client.

The software also has a lot of good sides that I really quite like (as someone who already owns an xbox, so I have friends e.t.c. I can talk to) . Sure the update process isn't great, but beyond that point there's nothing wrong with it IMO.

Caporegime
It's no worse than when Steam decides that it has to update your game by redownloading all 7gb again (arma 2) or when it constantly corrupts files, the way it trys to install graphics drivers for you and ****s it up

I think you might wanna check your hhd tbh.:confused:

Soldato
I just used an offline profile when it was problematic (i.e. GTA 4) but when it was updated I just manually updated it and everything was fine.

Never really had a problem with it.

M.

Back
Top Bottom