Best flac ripper

Caporegime
Thought id stick this in here, ive ripped a few cd's from my collection using win amp, sonds okish, bit crackily now and again even with brand new discs. i listen to music on the pc via a xonar dx and goldring ns1000's. Not fussed about speaker use as my current 2.1 set up is pretty poor. (creative i-trigue 3330)

Soldato
anything that supports accuraterip.

eac: but there's no need to run it in secure mode taking absolutely ****ing ages and caning your drive when you can use burst mode and verify your rips against others submitted online. i'm always :confused: when people talk about the effort it takes to set EAC up. follow the first run wizard (choosing the "speed is more important" option) and away you go. make sure you check the logs after each rip. only if you get partial matches against the AR database should you resort to secure mode.

notable others:

foobar2000
dbpoweramp
cuetools

Associate
There's a Wizard mode? Never seen it before and by effort I simply mean you have to find the DLLs (or is it exes for EAC?) and then set up your arguments (more of an issue with MP3s).

Associate
Have used Format Factory and also Media Monkey. Both have been fine (although have just ben thourhg and converted all my music to 256k MP3's so i can play em on my home system from an external HD...several hours of my life i will never gat back, and still have naming to sort out on some albums too....)

Soldato
There's a Wizard mode? Never seen it before and by effort I simply mean you have to find the DLLs (or is it exes for EAC?) and then set up your arguments (more of an issue with MP3s).

by default it only runs on the first use to setup a few basics. flac comes bundled with EAC so if you choose that, it sets it up for you.

you can run the "configuration wizard" again from the main "eac" menu.

Back
Top Bottom