DnB thread!

Caporegime
Pendulum remixed Bacteria, I bet that annoyed you :p Try listening to Ed Rush & Optical - Travel the Galaxy and Audio - Genesis Device. Both two good albums from the past couple of years.

Soldato
Easiest way to separate styles of Drum & Bass is by record label, more or less every one has it's own sound. From Jump Up & Drumstep on True Playaz all the way to the other end of the spectrum where you have Exit Records, Autonomic & Non Plus

I've already posted 10 or so tracks from the last two years in this thread already, all in varying styles - from Original Sin to Polska!. Overall the standard of production is much higher IMO. There is a huge amount of junk around I will admit so finding what you like can be hard but keep an open mind :p

Then please help me out and enlighten me to some song that best represent 10yrs ago like the last 5 i just posted, cause I don't think it exists any more.

Pendulum remixed Bacteria, I bet that annoyed you :p Try listening to Ed Rush & Optical - Travel the Galaxy and Audio - Genesis Device. Both two good albums from the past couple of years.
Just seen this after posting the above, I will, as I gave up years ago trying to find anything worthwhile. Im not holding out much hope.
Im not denying that the greats of the last 10yrs are still holding a dieing flame, but the new school have not imo tried to continue where their dads left off, I don't like children :D I dont like this new fangled claptrap, now wheres my pipe and slippers. (im going to hug my molten beats album) :)

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't do that at all, in fact I said they were just my 3 most favourite tracks, (and they were never consider ordinary, they were the tracks that made you get back to your tired feet after 6hrs of raving) they were my favs then and are now, I could pick another 10 of similar style if you like and they would still be better than most things produced now.
DnB has changed, but unlike dance music doesn't have individual sub genres. For instance, I like electro but hate hardhouse. I hate pendulum but they probably should have a class of their own.

I like to think of a few.... Jungle, Soul, Grimey, Speed etc.
I will still urge you to post you three good tracks from the last two years, cause I bet you wont as you know that there isn't much worth posting.
I cant explain exactly why but DnB now seems to have 1 to many beats or snares. Its become faster, less rhythmic, to much like some sort of crap cross between DnB and Hardcore, the treble is to high and there are no dark interludes or breaks, just constant repeating boredom.
What twist3dOn3 posted is a prime example. Pendulum dross.

youre listening to the wrong stuff mate, I wouldnt take many tracks in this thread as an example of dnb nowadays, its rare i see a tune posted in here that im listening to myself, theres so many different styles around nowadays, a lot of it I dont like, yet i still love dnb as theres always stuff I like being made alongside it, i could post more than 3 good tracks from the last 2 years, i could probably post about 60, but taste is subjective

Associate
ive been dropping this one for a few weeks now, still not bored of it, Loadstar remix, who knew those 2 average producers could make 1 good one

its already been posted but it deserves to be posted twice

this is a good one

Commix - Satellite Type 2 (Renegade Remix)

http://soundcloud.com/renegade0131/commix-satellite-type-2-renegade-remix-v3clip

Heard it last night on Fabio & Grooverider's show on R1. Made me pull funny faces :D
that link will get modded no doubt, wish you could link soundcloud here, a lot of tracks arent on youtube yet or only 1 minute mixcuts because they arent out yet

Last edited:
Associate
Artisan VIP and the below are pretty decent tunes from Lomax

yeah theyre pretty good, but its not like hes consistently producing tracks to my liking over the years, out of all his stuff Ive probably only listened to dweeb, federation, mercia and warrior apart from the 2 you mentioned, for more than a week or 2

Caporegime
I hope that Renegade remix on Soundcloud is a work in progress I want to hear the whole thing some day. Sounds dark.

The track was played in full on Radio 1, I hope it gets a release.

yeah theyre pretty good, but its not like hes consistently producing tracks to my liking over the years, out of all his stuff Ive probably only listened to dweeb, federation, mercia and warrior apart from the 2 you mentioned, for more than a week or 2

Yeah, pretty hit and miss I guess.

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Prefer Lomax being part of collabs with Kubiks, BCee, Greeley etc rather than seeing them as 'Loadstar' with Xample. I can just see them going down the Chase & Status route of going stupid commercial.

Soldato
Heard it last night on Fabio & Grooverider's show on R1. Made me pull funny faces :D

is that the kind of rubbish fabio and grooverider are spinning these days? shame. one of my fav ever sets was fabio and grooverider from dreamscape 11 and the thought and quality was way better back in 1994 than it obviously is now. the production obviously isn't as high and as they're very early reason products done on an atari st but atleast there was variation.

Asend & Ultravibe - What Kind Of World [Back 2 Basics]
DJ Ratty - Step Back In Time [Formation]
Mental Power - Dream Sequence [Formation]
DJ SS - Intro [Formation]
Brainkillers - Screwface [3rd Party & Kemet]
The Dream Team - Over You [Joker]
DJ Seduction - My Own (Slipmatt remix) [Impact]
Atlas - Drifting Thru The Galaxy [Dee Jay]
Renegade - Terrorist (Grooverider remix) [Moving Shadow]
The Anthill Mob - My Selector [PP9]
LTJ Bukem & Peshay - 19.5 [Good Looking]
Omni Trio - Soul Promenade [Moving Shadow]
D.O.P.E. � Travelling PT 2 [Good Looking]
Peshay - Piano Tune [Good Looking]
Higher Sense - Cold Fresh Air [Liftin' Spirit]
Mad Dog - Rumbled (Nicky Blackmarket remix) [Underdog]
Cloud 9 - You Got Me Burning (Ray Keith & Nookie remix) [Moving Shadow]
Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play remix) [Moving Shadow]
Codename John - Kindred [Prototype]
Darkus & GE Real - Fantasy Remix [Q Dance]

now that's a set alright

Gee

Gee

Soldato
One of my favourite set's (CD's) would be Moving Shadow 01.1, by far.

Most of you will probably remember it from GTA III - MSX FM

Absolutely love Calyx - Quagmire

Caporegime
is that the kind of rubbish fabio and grooverider are spinning these days?

Not liking something = rubbish. Of course..

It's not 1994, Moving Shadow and Good Looking folded years ago. Time for the 'new' boys to take over. Labels that don't adapt get left behind.

Last edited:
Soldato
good looking has been going for nearly 20 years, none of these tin pot labels you mention will do the same. i don't like what bukem spins anymore, nor do i like what comes out on gl since 99 but i respect him and the label for what they've done.

Caporegime
Ironically the track you called garbage, was actually a remix of a track released on Metalheadz who have been around since 1994 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom