Rift: Planes of Telera Beta

Soldato
Got my beta invite. Just got to download the beta now. If i download the beta and then buy the full game do i just use my beta download or would i have to reinstall?
This has come at a good time because im ill! 6pm tomorrow it starts?

Soldato
Got my beta invite. Just got to download the beta now. If i download the beta and then buy the full game do i just use my beta download or would i have to reinstall?
This has come at a good time because im ill! 6pm tomorrow it starts?

patch the beta and play.
and its around 7.5-8gb ;)

Associate
Actually, I believe that the beta install won't work for the retail version and the game needs to be re-installed/patched.

If that is the case, then this could possibly be one of the most ridiculous ideas in the history of gaming. Every MMO I know about allowed people to update their beta clients to play the retail version...

Associate
I haven't come across many MMO's tbh that went from Beta to retail with just a patch. Its often the case that the beta clients are heavily loaded with toosl for gathering metrics and various parsers.

I think the slick nature of the beta could point to a patch to retail with this but I aren't expecting it.

Associate
If that is the case, then this could possibly be one of the most ridiculous ideas in the history of gaming. Every MMO I know about allowed people to update their beta clients to play the retail version...

I'm only going with what has been stated on the official forums. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain a reinstall is required.

Are you still planning to play Rift btw ? Just wondering how many of the OcUk WoW guild is jumping over for a stab at the game ...

Associate
when its release just copy the assets folder,
i copyed alpha assets to beta so the beta download was only 1GB
iam sure it will be possible to do the same for retail

Soldato
Well, if you use search or read stickies in the Rift forums you'd find out ...
but to save you same time have have a look here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?31231-Rift-install-question
Lets hope that Trion changes this.

thanks, but that post doesn't have an official statement but at the risk of troubling you sooo much again I'll leave it be :rolleyes:

tbh it doesnt matter if we need a new client as the OB finishes a few days before release meaning we have easy enough time to grab the retail client.

Associate
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, when can I play? Is it 6pm tomorrow like the guy above said? I have my beta invite and have logged in but the servers are all appearing to be locked

Back
Top Bottom