The new Orange Android phone (San Francisco) £99...but a Question??

Soldato
Or since you are on JJ9 and it comes routed you could just download the free VM heap tool app from the market and set it through that ;)

This would be way easier if you don't know what you're doing.

I change mine manually as I delete a load of crap that I don't use/need like Google Car/Googles etc..

A new phone from Zte due may time called the Skate looks quite nice, google it.

Looks really nice, shame it's only got a 800Mhz processor. With the amount of new dual-core phones comping out I would have thought they would have put a 1Ghz processor in at the least.

ZTE Skate

zte-skate-in-gingerbread-handset-0.jpg

Spec:

Android 2.3 OS
800Mhz CPU / Adreno 200 GPU
4.3 (480 x 800) Inch screen
5.0MP Camera
120G

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/zte-skate-review-50002729/

Last edited:
Associate
Looks really nice, shame it's only got a 800Mhz processor. With the amount of new dual-core phones comping out I would have thought they would have put a 1Ghz processor in at the least.

Keeps the cost down which is what operators want. 800MHz is more than enough for most things, and even the 600MHz in the SanFran is fine when running a decent rom.

At the moment I'm testing Cyanogenmod 7 out and it's much better than any of the current Froyo roms.

Soldato
Keeps the cost down which is what operators want. 800MHz is more than enough for most things, and even the 600MHz in the SanFran is fine when running a decent rom.

At the moment I'm testing Cyanogenmod 7 out and it's much better than any of the current Froyo roms.

Will we be seeing a Sanfran version soon.. :cool:

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a CyanogenMod i've seen a load of people raving about it, but no clear explanation of what it is.

Is it a new rom or is it a set of utilities or what?

I'm currently running JJ8 on my OSF.

Associate
I got one of these last week, got it running the 2.2 ROM no problems. This is a really excellent phone for the money. Very pleased I got it.

One thing though, this could be a general Android thing I don't know. When someone calls me it doesn't always come up with their name, just the number. If I edit the contact to be the exact number (e.g. 0718....) then their name shows up when they call. But then when they text me it just shows the number, this time the number has 44 at the start (e.g. 44718....) Is there any way I can get the persons name to show up in both cases?

Soldato
I got one of these last week, got it running the 2.2 ROM no problems. This is a really excellent phone for the money. Very pleased I got it.

One thing though, this could be a general Android thing I don't know. When someone calls me it doesn't always come up with their name, just the number. If I edit the contact to be the exact number (e.g. 0718....) then their name shows up when they call. But then when they text me it just shows the number, this time the number has 44 at the start (e.g. 44718....) Is there any way I can get the persons name to show up in both cases?

Did you import contacts from an old phone? Don't know where the issue lies but trying to import via sim from my old sony ericsson lead to all kinds of problems, I've ended up manually entering contacts.

Soldato
Why is this such good news?

Cm7 is a 2.3 rom which generaly run better than what stock roms, have more customisation options, better optimisation, and get update frequently.

ive been running the unofficial rom and its great, as its beta it has a few niggles, but nothing i cant put up with.

Back
Top Bottom