£1500 build thoughts

Soldato
Following on from this thread which outlines the build brief, I have decided to increase my budget and include 2x new monitors.

After reading the PCI-E SSD numbers I have fallen in love and happy to pay the extra.

My previous dual screen setup was laptop + 24" monitor, decided as laptop now redundant as main pc to buy 2x 22". Any larger won't fit on my desk. The only brief here is very small outer bevel size, I want them to fit together as snugly as possible. Ill pay a bit extra for a better panel too.

Hows my BluRay writer choice?

Regarding the case, upon reading the specs the fractal design one really really appeals. Any clue on when stock might be in? Or any other similarly quiet, good airflow, cable tidy, removable filter options?

Please be brutal as I'm after criticism here, or any other suggestions for how to spend £1500 would be most welcome. Cheers again :)

Soldato
OP
I think the Revodrive is very expensive, a normal SSD is much cheaper and still quick.

Money that could be used elsewhere.

Where would you spend it stulid? How about 2x SSDs in RAID for a speed difference?

Re: monitors. Two 24" simply won't fit on my desk. And my current LG w2452tx has a pretty monstrous outer bevel.

Soldato
My opinion for spending that much money would be the same as the advise i recieved when looking to spend that much, and that is wait and see what bulldozer is like first. Normally im not a wait and see what the new tech is like kinda guy but seeing as we should see news within the next month it's probably worth waiting to see what it's like.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom