Any better weights than this to get me started?

Soldato
Im finally looking to propery gain a bit of muscle mass because i am only slim, after having a look around i found this:
Pro Power Bench with 35kg Weights Set.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...enches|14419306.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

I know it's not much weight but i can easily add to it. I'm not looking to spend much money so i thought this looked perfect and very good value for money with it having the leg extension and curl bar.

Thanks,

Flare.

Soldato
For £50 you can't really grumble but without covering old ground your not going to get muscley with that limited equipment. Leg extensions arent enough to properly train your legs and your going to struggle to do any sort of shoulder press with the height of the rack arms.

To build mass you need to be doing squats, deads and bent over row amongst other things.

Soldato
OP
For £50 you can't really grumble but without covering old ground your not going to get muscley with that limited equipment. Leg extensions arent enough to properly train your legs and your going to struggle to do any sort of shoulder press with the height of the rack arms.

To build mass you need to be doing squats, deads and bent over row amongst other things.

Thanks for the info, i will also be doing a fair bit of other stuff as well. Would there be any other equipment, instead of that, you wuld recommend?

Get one of these - pick em up at TEsco
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1983.aspx

-.-

Man of Honour
That's fine. The only problem with those sets is that they are only useful to your for a short period. Any butterfly/leg attachments are generally useless, so don't pay extra for them.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the input guys :)
I've just had a look at a few gyms and found there is a Pure Gym which looks to be a very good gym with a lot of equipment http://www.puregym.co.uk/Pure-Gym/Gym-Equipment. However, i could only get a full membership with them which i wasn't really looking for but i will give them a ring see how long a full membership is for. I would also quite like somewhere with a pool so i think i will keep looking.

Soldato
If you're going to invest in equipment to use at home then it's best to buy properly and only buy once. Cheap equipment is cheap.

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/deluxe-strength-package.php

Would be a very good starting point if you had the extra money and space.

Alternatively as Morba suggested a swiss ball, some cheap adjustable dumbells, a pull up/chin up bar and a barbell would be a good starting point and won't cost the earth.

Caporegime
i know i was working on a home gym building thread, my pc died in the middle of it, and i have now only got it up and running, i installed office today so i can get into the file.

didnt realise new sandybridge mobos dont have ide or floppy drive connections, so i then had to re-order a new sata dvd writer.

it all looks out of place so when i need to rma the mobo i will buy a new case, this one has too much old stuff in it which is no longer needed.

what i might do is just post what i have and let some of you guys fill in the blanks, otherwise it may be another week at least before i can do it fully.

i'll see how much i can do tomorrow.

Soldato
As people have said - if you're planning on buying this equipment then joining the gym later, it's not a great investment.

Go the gym, get into THAT routine. Plus a decent gym will have more equipment than you could ever afford - and extras like pools, saunas, hydrotherapy pools etc.

Rich

Soldato
i know i was working on a home gym building thread, my pc died in the middle of it, and i have now only got it up and running, i installed office today so i can get into the file.

didnt realise new sandybridge mobos dont have ide or floppy drive connections, so i then had to re-order a new sata dvd writer.

it all looks out of place so when i need to rma the mobo i will buy a new case, this one has too much old stuff in it which is no longer needed.

what i might do is just post what i have and let some of you guys fill in the blanks, otherwise it may be another week at least before i can do it fully.

i'll see how much i can do tomorrow.

Bahh! how frustrating!

In the next few months I may have a considerable contribution to make involving a log cabin and several hundred kilo's of sexiness & steel :cool:

Caporegime
Bahh! how frustrating!

In the next few months I may have a considerable contribution to make involving a log cabin and several hundred kilo's of sexiness & steel :cool:

log cabin? is that a fancy word for a big shed? lol.

in all seriousness, i hate training in my garage now, its so gloomy compared to the image i have in my head of what i want it to be like.

when i move house, it will be all properly kitted out, i may even have it inside the house rather than the garage.

i'll have another stab at the home gym thread tomorrow and hopefully it will be in okay enough order to post sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom