Is This The Start To My 3gb Port Failing ?

Associate
Hi guys

Im on the Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. Whenever i come download something and get the option where to save the file, i select my HDD and then when trying to select the folder i want the PC looks like its hanged but it takes about 2 mins for it to actually access the folder where i want to save my file.

I know this is not normal and am beginning to think it could be the dreaded sata issue on these boards ?

Many thanks for any information.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
if you know there's a design flaw effecting the 3GB ports, why are you using them & not a controller card if you've got a lot of hdd's?

Associate
I was under the impression that the problem would take years to manifest anwyay?

Hi,

This is relative since if you use it hardcore I'm sure that it will manifest itself much earlier. As said above specially for a HD you should use the 6GBPS sata ports.

PV123

Dru

Dru

Associate
Check your advanced energy saving preferences. You probably have your hard drives set to spin down when they haven't been used in a while. I notice this myself as I have a separate hard drive for downloading to which isn't used often.

G J

G J

Associate
Just throwing this out there, I started getting something simillar to the OP when my SATA cable went faulty.

Has it blue screened/crashed at all yet?

Back
Top Bottom