Ever thought 'I'm at the worst away game ever...'?

Associate
Then take a look at this article which shows how away fans at Poland's Znicz Pruszków stadium are cheering on their side! :rolleyes:

Here's a pic to persuade you

Untitled-1_7.jpg

Article: http://www.footballspotter.com/worst-football/

Oh boy they must be having fun :D

Soldato
seems like a worse version of what i got going bolton away last season.

about 150 stoke fans got stopped on the trains getting back to manchester and 30+ police in riot gear + 5 vans with the blues and twos on.

They matched us from Manchester victoria to piccadily the longest route possible and then dumped onto a train to stoke on trent. This dispeite the fact i wanted to go for a meal in Manchester.

you tried to step out of the circle you were shoved to the ground and cuffed. Wanted to stop to go toilet? the police officer told someone to **** them selfs instead.

even a few of the people there had actually parked in macnhester city center and still got put onto a train back into stoke.

i heard they managed to get there parking fines sorted by greater manchester police after appeal but that was besides the point.

Not once was there any trouble for that entire game it was just stokes reputation and the fact that man city were at home that day.

serious lack of human rights that day i felt like i was being bullied by the older boys in the school yard. I was at the back of the group becuase my leg was hurting and some copper was kiccking my heels telling me to go quicker. Just like bullies at school.

i made an official complaint and i got an apology

Soldato
Looks worse than Colchester away the christmas before last, not only having to go back to Colchester we missed half the game due to thick fog...

Or having to go to Tranmere away and spend the afternoon in Birkenhead looking for a pub after the game that takes away fans...

Or Swindon

Soldato
Looks worse than Colchester away the christmas before last, not only having to go back to Colchester we missed half the game due to thick fog...

Haha. I've heard from Hull City fans that Colchester (well, the old Layer Road, to be fair) have an awful ground, though I think they're still wound up by the fact that they had a game called off there last-minute for no good reason. Think it managed to be the only ground in the entire local area with a waterlogged pitch.

Soldato
away at MK Dons when they were playing at the NHS.

Temporary stand, open air, it rained hevily. We went down to ten men after 5 mins and then played for a 0-0 draw. the worst away day ever.

Went to watch us at MK away last weekend. 1-1 draw, better stadium and good football(ish). How things change!

Associate
Haha. I've heard from Hull City fans that Colchester (well, the old Layer Road, to be fair) have an awful ground, though I think they're still wound up by the fact that they had a game called off there last-minute for no good reason. Think it managed to be the only ground in the entire local area with a waterlogged pitch.

I have actually being to that ground cause Half of my Family are from Colchester so I like to support them as well.

Layer road wasn't in the best of shape I have to say. Mostly standing but it had a great atmosphere and you where so close to the action as the stands where right on the pitch.

Was at the new ground last week and its good but just not the same :(

Permabanned
I was about to mention Layer Road as well, I felt sorry for the players there as even stood at the 'back' of the away 'stand' you could throw loads of abuse and you were still practically next to them. Awful pubs as well.

Associate
Away supporters at Newport County don't get the best deal, open air terrace miles away from the pitch (running track in between).

Plans are being put in motion to have temporary stands directly behind each goal during the football season, which should help.

Soldato
away at millwall has to be the worst, if not for the fact that the place is a dump, or the fact the fans are 75% chavs and thug scum, then just for the fact that your watching a crap team play football (unless you pay 100% attention to the away team)

Permabanned
away at millwall has to be the worst, if not for the fact that the place is a dump, or the fact the fans are 75% chavs and thug scum, then just for the fact that your watching a crap team play football (unless you pay 100% attention to the away team)

A bit of a weird thing to say really, Millwall were in the League One playoff finals last season and the season before and are holding their own in the Championship this season with not a great deal of investment. I'd say Kenny Jackett has done a fantastic job to be honest.

How many Millwall games have you been to in recent seasons?

Back
Top Bottom