Does anybody else hate carrying passengers?

Soldato
It depends who i have in the car, if I have mates in then I tend to drive how i would on my own, if its family or work colleagues in the car share then I tone it down abit.

Thankfully most of my mates are petrol heads with either fast cars or bikes, they did take a fancy to the M5 though :D

Soldato
I'd do the same in my S2000, gets them everytime.

Could also do it in the Mustang, pootling along at 40mph in 2nd gear and just floor it, most would grab things or scream, epic. :D

:D

Best passenger dialogue I had while doing ~45 MPH was:

"What gear are you in?"
1st
"WHAT THE..."

Best passenger reaction:

My previous jobs chairman while giving lift to airport, red lined it in second, he PHYSICALLY lurched forward and puts his palms on the dash as I transitioned into 2nd gear VTEC, he thought there was supposed to be a gear change there...nope Mr Chairman Sir, another 3,000 to go yet :D

Caporegime
My daughter has to be my worst passenger.

Radio 1 / Signal Radio are alternated according to tune being played, whilst she's texting away on her Blackberry, usually produces a bar of chocolate which she manages to drop most over the seats and seems to take pleasure in leaving fingermarks on my windows - probably, because she knows it really ****'s me off!

Teenagers! :rolleyes::D

Soldato
:D

Best passenger dialogue I had while doing ~45 MPH was:

"What gear are you in?"
1st
"WHAT THE..."

Best passenger reaction:

My previous jobs chairman while giving lift to airport, red lined it in second, he PHYSICALLY lurched forward and puts his palms on the dash as I transitioned into 2nd gear VTEC, he thought there was supposed to be a gear change there...nope Mr Chairman Sir, another 3,000 to go yet :D

I can only do 43mph in first. :(

So my handbook says.

Soldato
Just the girls sometimes:

Them: You say it's fast so show us.
Me: I'm doing 75 indicated on the Dual carriageway what are you expecting?
Them: Go on, above 100 must be easy, show us.
Me: :rolleyes:

*Coming off a roundabout onto the A1 and the sweeping bend*

Me in 2nd gear: VTEC y00000!!!
Them: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!11111onechrist
Them: SLOW DOWN you are going to kill us!!!
Me: :D and that's 65.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't mind at all, as long as they don't touch the drivers side PERFECTLY ALIGNED AIR VENTS. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!11111111111111
Don't often let my dad ride in the 'stang but when I do he's constantly telling me to slow down when under the speed limit, chillax mang. Telling him, dude, 1st gear, it's loud, don't worry!

Only one real person who I dislike in my car, Sin_chase can probably guess who I mean, said person is a complete backseat driver thinking he knows it all, comparing it to the 10s over cars he's owned, saying I should drive more aggressively and not let people out etc etc. Guess that's why he has a long list of driving offenses and I don't have a single one :]

Last edited:
Associate
Don't mind passengers myself, though was once giving my mother a lift to town to do some shopping on a bit of a cold morning, when the windscreen started to mist up badly, to reveal right in front of my mothers face, perfect impressions of my GF's bare feet on the glass from some fun the night before.:rolleyes:

Had to very quickly put the blowers on full to clear the windscreen as quickly as possible. Conversation dropped to zero for the rest of the trip.

Associate
I don't mind driving other people around, the only problem is when they criticise something, like the temperature or my choice of volume on the stereo.

I'm with Will on the music/talking thing though, either talk or listen to music, argh.... drives me mad.

The one thing I do hate is on a cold morning it takes the A/C about 15 seconds to clear the windscreen and about 40 seconds to clear the side windows yet give someone a lift and they go to wipe it with their sleeve or hand AAAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

I had to drive a load of very pretty nurses (girlfriends friends) to a party the other night, and the endless calls of "this isn't the way", "you're going the wrong way" and then when we finally get there "oh, wow, that was a good shortcut, what was it again?"
it just drove me mad.
On the way back I took another shortcut and they all moaned about how firm the suspension was.

My car, My rules! - simple.

Associate
I prefer no passengers and have carryed passengers on less than ten occasions in the past ten years. However, I also dislike being a passenger when the driver wants to talk all the time.

Associate
Only person I hate driving is my dad, he CONSTANTLY makes comments about everything what's going on, when, on rare occasions I do have to drive him I tend to actually comment on things that are happening around me to make his mind at ease.

He openly admits he's a terrible passenger however. :p

Back
Top Bottom