linking 2 building using wifi & this hardware list

Associate
OP
From what I saw, It seemed to be planned quite well, the issue is more the site and it's unsuitability for any LOS system, the issue was 'cost'..

The issue of interruption of signal was noted, but all quotes to give better LOS performance needed structures building, as the site is split level, or more then the cost of the groundworks for installing ducting, which had to cross a road carrying heavy plant.

cheers mate for saying that, there is some trffic across the grounds to the weigh bridge & some cranes around the yard so wi-fi is the only route at the moment. thanks

Associate
I personally use compex mimo jnr's and use antennas if the link is over 1.5-2km. I have got these running at 250meg over 1km and 300meg at 500meters, great bits of kit. incase you ever have to do it again

Associate
OP
they have some poles knocking about on the site, however i need a cable now to link the AP to the Ant... x2.

will this do =
N-Type Male to Reverse SMA Female 500cm Antenna Cable - A-N-M-RP-SMA-F-500 ?

only £13 each i need to cables, just having a nightmare now picking the right cable.

as the ant as a N Female connector & the AP box as RP SMA Female, from what i can tell.

thanks all :)

getting there slowww

Associate
OP
help please

i have installed one ant so far as i am waiting for a lead & put the ant near by the main office with the internet, also in the main office as a netgear router & a belkin wi-fi ap for the office staff.
so i have installed the Wireless N Access Point TL-WA701ND in to the netgear router, & then i have walked to the other office & installed the other Wireless N Access Point TL-WA701ND & the TL-SG1005D 5-port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch but no ant as yet as i need a cable for it.

however i set both of the Wireless N Access Point TL-WA701ND up in Bridge mode & i have given the main office one the ip address of 192.168.0.101 & plugged the Ant in to it. & the other office ( with out a ant ) i have given the Wireless N Access Point TL-WA701ND a ip address of 192.168.1.102 along with bridge mode too.

& i could see the main office what has got the ANT from the other office with out the ANT, & i have set both AP's to channel 11 like i set up in the main office with the internet adsl.

but i could not go on the internet at all no page found, so is it not working because i need both ANT's connected so one side as a good signal but the other side as no signal ?, or should i not use BRIDGE mode on both of the Wireless N Access Point TL-WA701ND ?.

i am getting a bit stuck now......, so can some one give me some pointers please.

Last edited:

wij

wij

Associate
One side should be in AP mode, i.e. broadcasting an SSID the other in bridge mode connecting to the SSID.

(office router)-(ap1 broadcasting ssid) ~~~ (ap2 as bridge connecting to ssid)-(switch)

Associate
Stop using & instead of and.

If they're only 60 metres apart I'd lay some Cat5e/Cat6 cable. If you want to do it wirelessly then have an AP in location 1 and a Wireless bridge / Repeater in Location 2.

The wireless bridge / repeater will then extended the signal from location 1 to 2. But I'd hard wire ti.

Back
Top Bottom