• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Steam Games Not Detecting Graphic Settings

Associate
Hi guys

Iv got a little problem with steam games esp counter strike source and portal (iv not tried others yet). When i open the game for the first and go to configure my settings for video my settings are all recommended as AA disabled, AF disabled, low settings etc ...

Does anyone know if this is a bug in the game or something i need to do to get it to recognise the graphics card ?

Many thanks.

Associate
I often have the same problem. Most games I install atm don't even recognise the resolution of my monitor that's set in Windows. I do like games like COD where I can click "optimal settings" and get most of them correct in just 1 click!

Dru

Dru

Associate
Pretty sure it's never worked properly in source games as it's always recommended the same (rather low) settings for me despite having several different builds over the years. They're only recommended anyway, you can still set them as you like so it's not really that big a deal.

Back
Top Bottom